Contact advertising [email protected]

*NEW QUAKE 2 SERVER IDEA* !Anti-Hack Lithium Mod & Maps! I figured out 2 fun styles...

R

Retro PC Gamers

*NEW QUAKE 2 SERVER IDEA*
!Anti-Hack Lithium Mod & Maps!

I figured out 2 fun styles of gameplay & types of maps for making a couple Quake 2 mods that would be rather Hack-Redundant so even if people try to hack it won't help much.
I am running the ideas past RETRO PC GAMERS members & looking to possibly start working with others on creating it and hosting it as Retro PC Gamers' first game servers.
The game will use medium speed projectiles to reduce any use in using an aimbot.
It will also use all transparent glass(both unbreakable & breakable depending on parts of map type) to reduce any use of wallhacks. To accomplish this we would use modifying of the Lithium mod & the following types of maps:

Map Types:

-Break Through Maze (DM)
Large Maze with all transparent walls but only some random* walls are breakable.
*Random will be done by 10+ variations of map that get renamed to same map name(Map1/Map2) in Windows before the next map is loaded. The cycles can be put into 6 or 12 hours(time limit games) and each week we can change around which different random 6/12 hour cycles run during different parts of the week. This would prevent people from knowing what versions(places of break walls) of maps are played at what times each day etc.
I'm sure if people really wanted to spend enough time they could try to learn the patterns but it would still take them playing at least 4-5 maps before they could know which map the 6th is etc. so it wouldn't be worth the time.

-Break Floor Boxes (TDM)
-Similar maps as Counter-Strike Source Break Floor map but everything is transparent glass.
-Only weapon is Hyperblaster.
- Each box has 1 Cells ammo inside it that you get when breaking it open.
-Basically you get just enough ammo to start to break open a couple boxes and each time you pick up ammo you have just enough to break a couple more boxes with just enough ammo to spare for killing a couple people.
-This way wallhacks are useless & you end up having to get close enough to kill people that aimbots are useless.
It is kind of like a 3D Dig Dug style gameplay.

N

(No Name)

Cooper Jake McKay Scott Heath Tong Zou
Tag anyone you think might be interested!

N

(No Name)

If people are interested we could also look into using an updated version of the engine with a higher resolution texture mod to increase the graphics quality.

N

(No Name)

Ah heck yes i wanna game.

N

(No Name)

Tefen Ca does Quake 2 still have active servers?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom