Contact advertising [email protected]

My dad (whose computer I built) often asks me why I don't go into business for myself,...

M

Matthew Reed

You have to learn all aspects when you build a system and sell it you have to provide tech support to that customer if anything goes wrong

G

Gavin Samson

So there are only "no talent hacks" in this business? Customer satisfaction is always low?

M

Matthew Reed

Learn something more worth while building PC just ain't sustainable , me I learned photography

F

Fabien Dietlinger

In my region are a bunch of businesses of pc stuff, but i can't start working in most of them, because the lack of connections i have there. I try my luck at one who has a lot contracts, but is low on employees.

S

Shahrul Abd Latif

I like this part... "...or worse: Apple". We think alike bro.

A

Alex Magee

All it takes to go into business is a willingness to go do things when people call. Get some cards printed, carry em about with you and give one to anyone with computer issues. There is no reason you cant build / fix PC's as a second job.

S

Shaun Soutter

Stuff building and repairing computers for people, there's no money in it and most of those business I found questionable, especially after I learnt IT. I just do it on the side for people now if they're willing to pay for it.

G

Gavin Samson

There's plenty of money in repairs. But you need to cover all aspects

S

Shaun Soutter

I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're doing corporate work like servers and large scale networks. It works out best as a side job or secondary income.

L

Luke Brown

I did it.. worked for a year. It was hard and a struggle.. competing the local shops who literally rip people off.. me selling budget budget PC for £50 and the local PC shops charging £200 for the same.. i had no start up funds either though.. so i started it out of my own pocket and yeah.. was tough

S

Sean Condon

Honestly, I wonder how many units Dell has to order for their prebuilts to go as cheap as they do. I mean, if you do a part-for-part copy of a Dell Machine, it's gonna be more expensive. I mean, granted, they're crap quality and no one should want to build one THAT AWFUL, but dell must be getting parts on DEEP wholesale.

T

Tuan Nguyen

Not just deep wholesale, it's all JIT. The semi trailers sit attached to their mfg plant and the parts aren't theirs until they are pulled JIT across the threshold. If a new model comes out they close the trailer and the mfg comes to take it back and replace it with the current parts.

M

Michael Shane Boudreau

hey dude, I need some computer advice. do you accept rupees?

M

Michael Shane Boudreau

or pieces of pocket lint preferably

M

Michael Shane Boudreau

how much did your lawyer cost you when you had to go talk to him about all the people on the internet hurting your feelings?

J

Jay Brendan Austria

You can't expect to have good business right off the bat son. Sure, the markets flooded and stuff, so go out there and show em that you have something to offer that others don't. Be that guy that companies and people would not regret to refer to someone else.

S

Samuel Shane Winter

Mate with that attitude you wont get far in life Just do it hard work always pays off Go out and find customers Dont wait for them to come to you Your mum and dad must have mates There is a start then they got mates Dont take long If it your passion give it ago Is so hard to find a job that you actually like

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom