Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Let's talk memory cards, I need help. Ok, my significant other got me a Switch from...

K

Kitty Gregg

Let's talk memory cards, I need help. Ok, my significant other got me a Switch from Aarons (rental company) for Christmas. They're charging us $100 a month for it with a grand total of like a grand (I told him not to, just to wait to get one lol). Anyways over the weekend he bought me a new Switch from Wal-Mart and we're going to take the other Switch back to Aaron's, I've never had a memory card. I'm assuming if I put one into the old Switch and then into my new one that the saved data will automatically switch over to the new system? I need a cheap card from Wal-Mart for now until I can buy a better one. I don't know a lot about them. What should I go for? TIA for the help!!

J

Jessica Johnson

No, that won't work. There is a save data transfer option on the Switch. Use that and follow the directions.

C

Clinton Edwards

Yeah. Go into the setting on the rental switch. There’s a save data transfer option. Switching sd cards won’t work. You’ll need both switches close by to do the transfer.

N

Nate Matt Smith

^this

K

Kitty Gregg

Thanks you guys I really appreciate the help! How many GB memory card should I buy for my new one?

J

Jessica Johnson

Depends if you have physical or digital games. I still don't have a memory card in my Switch and I have like 15 physical games.

B

Brandon Holden

Depends how many larger games or digital games you wanna get. Bayonetta 1 is digital only for Switch, and LA Noire requires additional data installed. Physical games take NO space on their own unless they require that install, so yeah. I got a 200GB card, but for those who almost always go physical, 128 should suffice

A

Ahmed Nabil

before you take the old switch back transfer your saves as it's tied to the system it self and there's no way of backing them up to a micro sd card or even the cloud .. you can find tutorials on youtube .. as for what micro sd card to get I recommend any sandisk ultra

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

choose the size that you like depending on whether you want to go full digital then at least 128 gb otherwise a 64 gb is sufficient

R

Ryan Dale

Your digital games and save files are tied to your Nintendo account / user account. That's what you need to transfer to the other Switch, which is done from the User settings menu (no memory card needed). If you want to transfer screenshots or videos then you want a microSD card to transfer those (first transfer from system memory to the sd card, then move the sd card to the other switch). Once you transfer the account you have to re-download any digital games to the new system (eShop, user account, re-download).

D

Dennis Davenport

Before taking back the old switch do a transfer to new switch

J

Jason Richardson

I got a 128gb last March and still have 70gb left so 128gb should be plenty unless you download big Gb games

J

Jason Richardson

If by chance you have took back the other switch phone up Nintendo and they can transfer your Nintendo account over to new one then just redownload what you have brought on new one I had to do it with my son,s 2ds

C

Catarena Briana Parker

I'm still on the part of renting the Switch and paying out $700 more than the retail price

R

Riley Horne

Man aarons are a buncha crooks. 100$ a payment? Thats like charging 10k a month for a car payment

J

Justin Strawn

Get a ducking memory card what a dumb question

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom