Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Its not exactly about destiny, but it includes lootbox gambling controversy, which is...

T

Tomáš Czyž

Its not exactly about destiny, but it includes lootbox gambling controversy, which is in destiny too. Worth watching

A

Amaninder Singh Goraya

True

S

Sheila D Snead

If they take away loot boxes what's the point? I would hate to see Eu pass the loot box law they keep talking about, destiny would have to be blocked from EU servers I would think.

R

Roberto Naldi

The guy trying to defend EA really have some points, but, IMO, you can't defend a full priced game that introduces pay to win mechanics. And that's exactly what star cards are, a shitty developing system for your char and a perfect p2w vial. BUT. There's a thing all people need to understand, loot boxes are not gambling. Many countries laws state that gambling have to involve a money prize and the only loot boxes that could get you money are those Valve sells for CS:GO (and I heard so few voices about that, maybe Gaben isn't as hated as EA). So what are they? In my opinion (provided they do not contain anything game changing AND the content is obtainable via normal gameplay, I'm adamant about that) they are a money making asset that publishers can legitimately sell and we, as customers, are perfectly entitled to buy or not. They need regulation? Maybe, but I still think people are entitled to spend their money as they see fit and I wonder, when someone plays the "think of the children" card, where the heck those kids get all those money they waste on boxes. I mean... as a parent I wouldn't let my kid anywhere near a unmoderated source of (my) money.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom