Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Is it still possible Nintendo will have more game announcements for the Switch? They...

T

Tyler Mauer

Is it still possible Nintendo will have more game announcements for the Switch? They have been getting a few out there for the 3ds. I would love some more Switch content.

Similar to how they did a smash direct during the last E3 (maybe it was two ago?) and released new characters that night.

B

Brendan P. Kain

They already have quite a few switch games announced, I really cant see Nintendo announcing anything more new this E3. The only exceptions I think might be indie games or something small like that.

S

Snickers Keller

You'll get a direct near the end of the year teasing games coming in 2018. You'll get another direct in January talking about upcoming games for the year. It's the same pattern. What you see is what you get atm

A

Adrian Williams

I was wondering this too. Like maybe a Virtual Console announcement or something at the end of E3 during a treehouse event

V

Victor Brooklyn Powell

Not about quantity, it's all about quality.

S

Spencer Miller

They already announced a lot of switch content during the spotlight. I think it'll just be new 3DS titles being announced. They mainly wanted people to see what was coming to the switch this year to kind of convince people about the switch. I think closer to the end of the year, we'll get a direct about what games are coming in 2018.
Nintendo did do this twice during their presentation (once with the main Pokémon game and again with metroid prime 4) but I prefer it when at E3 they show games off that are coming out soon (soon as in a year between this year and the next E3). It's nice they kind of say "hey we're working on this but it won't come out for a long time. Like 2+ years down the road" but it's also kind of not the point of E3 to me. Like Sony showed off gameplay of God of war last year and again this year but I don't think it even has a release date yet? Ubisoft did it with beyond good and evil 2 as well. It just makes people think that it will come out soon when in reality it's nowhere near being done. Just show us the stuff that will come out within the next year. It's one of my biggest grievances with E3 stuff.
I feel like if Nintendo announced anything more than what they did most of it would be "it's coming eventually" instead of an actual release date.

T

Tyler Mauer

Well, I was really looking forward to the possibility of some virtual console updates, maybe squeeze some GCN backwards comparability in there as well.

E

Evan Marks

I don't think they wanted to even announce Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon this early! I think they just did it to cool down an angry internet.
To answer your question though it could be? But I wouldn't bank on it. The highlight of e3 2015 was during the Smash tournament when they announced Earthbound Beginnings. There is a precedent here, as last year they also rolled out there huge summer of Nindie schedule.
I wouldn't bank on something like an F-Zero or Animal Crossing however

J

Jaime Bland

Animal crossing ...

T

Tyler Mauer

Good thing I'm only banking on Smash!

D

Dennis Stålnacke

If you have anything to show you usually do it during the press events. Not on the show floor, so highly doubtful.

Guess we have to wait for TGS for more stuff.

J

James Netters

Nintendo still announces games all week during their tree house events.

J

Jonah Newman

I think they have more third party games they said in the middle of the spotlight that they have more third party multiplayers coming this summer but didn't show them i say it'll be in a direct

N

Nick Stancato

Maybe. Barely any 3rd parties announced, no VC, and no Smash port yet

J

Jonas Carreon

Nintendo has a big game coming out almost every month, we have arms in june, splatoon in july, mario + rabbids in august, Mario Odyssey in October, and a lot of holiday and fall 2017, september might be Skyrim, so there. The pacing is quite good, at least for me personally, i only have an allotment of one game per month, so this serves me right :p

E

Eric Wynne Ho

SW is very hot this year, so Nintendo delays the Great games for the second or even third year, it's reasonable somehow...... for 2017, still ARMs, Splatoon, Skyrim, Monsters Hunter XX, Mario Odysseys, and that Fire Warriors, Pokemon Tournament, XenoBlade2..... that would be enough to players.

J

Jacko Serr

Yeah I wish. Like how they announced Pac Man at night

D

Dave Fisher

All we need...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom