Contact advertising [email protected]

I'm hoping I can get some advice. My fiancee wants to play Overwatch with me, but she...

• Thread starter Occams Butterknife
  • Start date
O

Occams Butterknife

I'm hoping I can get some advice. My fiancee wants to play Overwatch with me, but she feels that things move around too fast and she can't tell what's going on during team fights. She's never really played a shooter before, but I'd like to help her enjoy the game. Is there some way to make help her adjust? Maybe suggestions for another fps that she might find a little more slow-paced until she adjusts? I just don't want her to get frustrated and forget the idea of playing with me.

V

Vlad Balint

paladins

B

Brandon Whisenhunt

I would just set her on the bots on easy lvl

A

Andrew Lynch

Just playing quick play. The best way to learn is to actually play it and get used to the characters and mechanics.

N

Noman Saleem

Most of other fps' are pretty fast paced as well. Just let her practice vs AI.

B

Brandy Candy

I played quick play until I learned. Solider is a really easy character to start off with

C

Carolyn Jacob

WAAAAH I'M A CRAPPY DAD

B

Barış Zafer

M

Micah Cleveland

Torb/Sym. Play either of those characters and she'll be fine.

S

Samantha Olivas

Bots.

L

Leanne Ricks

I too felt that way. Eventually you desensitize. Also, she’ll start at an easier match rating than what she observes you at. So she’ll have time to adjust. I was the same way and now I’m obsessed.

J

John Wright

Let her start with Mercy. Not a lot of mechanical skill needed to heal and you have the opportunity to sit back and watch the team fights develop. For the first while, I'd parrot her shoulder and give her hints on what to do. I did this with my daughter when she first started and she loves the game now and has branched out from maining Mercy and plays Tracer, Widow, and D.Va.

M

Maddi Bradford

Just put her in the game and let her play.
The best way someone is going to learn is like that.

J

Jazzy Delatorre

When I first started, I did AI battles. It helped me figure out which character I worked best with and I didn't have to feel rushed or pressured like in Quick Play. But qp honestly tests you. As for a start character, if you want something simple I guess try out Soldier. Or even Reaper since his dps is slow but strong.

B

Brandii McLeod

I'd definitely start with AI if she's brand new and needs to adjust to the pace of the game. As for heroes maybe D.va, Mercy, Sym, Soldier, Bastion, Winston or maybe Mei. They seem like the easiest to pick up and im guessing there would be a few heroes she would want to gravitate to anyway just based on a character's appearance

M

Michael Durán Santacruz

Tell her to git gud.

L

Lauren Hutter

Make her play lucio! I find him to be easier during teamfights.

A

Aaron Cooper

Halo reach

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom