Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I have this weird thing where I need to complete a game's story before I can move on...

• Thread starter M Kienan Briscoe
  • Start date
M

M Kienan Briscoe

I have this weird thing where I need to complete a game's story before I can move on to a new one. I played through Skyrim for the first time on the Switch and was left feeling a sense of incompleteness when, upon completing the main story, there was no credit crawl or sense of conclusion. I'd never played a game that never ended before and now felt captive to it. Until, today, I decided to end playing this game by creating my own ending, in the fashion of Skyrim, essentially creating your own character and their story. I bought a house, adopted a couple kids, got married and then hung up my weapons. As I did so, I imagined my character reflecting on everything he's been through: traveling the world, slaying Alduin as dragonborn, fought for the Stormcloaks in the civil war, studied at the college of magic and carried on the whims of a demon, became a Nightingale and leader of the Thieves Guild, and many other quests. I'd have to say, after everything (and finishing all the quests that peeked my interest) I can't think up a better ending to my character's life than to just sit back, relax, and enjoy family life for a bit. Now I can finally play another game! Just in time for Kirby too!

Z

Zach Kirk

Well put.

R

Ryan Kasper

Did you do the dawnguard and dragon born dlc quests, pretty awesome

A

Andrew Alexander

This post has almost convinced me to finally buy this game. Just need to decide on getting it for Xbone or Switch.

R

Richard LeTourneau III

Dude wth? You didnt try any of the dlc?

B

Bayram J. Gascot Hernández

Welcome to modern gaming

J

John Sanchez

A dragon borns duty is never finished.

Unless u take a arrow to the knee. Then u can just become a gaurd.

J

Jonathan Balofsky

you create your own ending for the dragonborn

V

Vassi Vas

You should give a Spoiler Alert before you start

S

Stormy Watts

Game sucks

T

Tham Jyh Yeong

Well this is skyrim. Open world rpg with bunch of quest to clear

C

Christopher Malugin

Games like this are about immersion not about feeling like you're just playing another game.

Honestly the story isn't anything amazing in Skyrim it's the sense of feeling like you're really in another world and just getting lost in it.

I'm so glad BotW took this approach and improved on it

B

Bernardo Różewicz

Just curious about how many hours you put in?

N

Nathaniel Woodhull

Did you beat the ebony warrior yet?

D

Douglas Berofsky

Skyrim never really ends, so much to do!

H

Henriette Garcia Pedersen

is it me or does the sword next to the brown sowrd look like the Master Sword from Zelda or is it just me?

D

David Hutchins

Awesome!

N

Neil Galang

I had the same feelings of incompleteness with Zelda. I ended “my story” with Link hanging his shields and weapons and retiring from being a hero, and celebrating his first day without heavy armor weighing him down. I was able to capture the moment:

K

Kyle Marcotte

Well did you Hail Sithis?

B

Brian Matthew Jakub

Yeah, Skyrim is one of those games...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom