Contact advertising [email protected]

I have made a discovery: Competitive literally punishes me for playing a healer too...

P

Phil Clews

I have made a discovery: Competitive literally punishes me for playing a healer too much...

> Played as Lucio in most of my placements (mainly due to pressure for 2 healers)
> won 6/4 in my placements
> Gold medals in healing despite usually having Mercys too
> On fire for a few matches
> Golds in objective time and even silver in damage 1 match
> Placed in Bronze at 798
> Become an embarrasment

In my first competitive season i just played Reaper, just him and I got to gold, yet now, trying to help my team more, i just land in triple digits o_O

This isn't a rage post, but it's an issue that needs addressing, maybe I'm too easily pressurised into playing a healer, but I think I deserved Silver or at least high bronze. Thoughts?

C

Colin Marner

True. That's why everyone says to climb solo maining a dps- healers get rewarded less even though healer is usually the most important role

C

Colin Marner

It's not right to get punished for being a team player

G

Gabriel Gaspar

It just means you are not a good healer, medals aren't an indication of performance.

A

Alain Belanger

I got the same thing.

Got put in high silver in my first comp season just playing Zarya and Soldier, but Bronze 934 for playing Symmetra and Ana the season after.

It honestly feels as if I got punished for playing support. It's a bit silly, really.

G

Gabriel Brown

Idk what you're talking about I've been gold at least every season and you know I only play medics

S

Sergio Castro

Maybe you're just a trash Lucio

D

Dyan Long

Am a one-trick Mercy and I placed in Gold(2.2k), a little lower than my previous season high
I also got placed higher than my friend who's my Pharah buddy and his main is in Plat (not too diff but y'know)
Lost most of my matches at 4-6
*Before Mercy patch

V

Vynyl Shiro

After your first ever season,placement matches are bullshit. You're always gonna be placed 50-100 SR less from where you finished the previous season every time.

N

Nicky Henry

I played lucio in my placements maybe tracer twice lost 8 matches won 2 and got placed in silver 2600sr . Now stuck between bronze and silver

C

Cody Burdick

That means your MMR is bronze level, homie.

T

Tristan Frankland

It rates you against other lucio's. My friend did placements with lucio (he plays aggressive lucio) and got plat, he's a damn good lucio too

J

Jon Brown

I was 2200 last season and placed 8W-0L-2D, this season I placed 2600 with 2W-8L. MMR is weird

H

Hans Morris

True, I can 1v2 2 diamond players playing their best heroes while I play Lucio and I am only Silver

C

Cece Gutiérrez

Maybe your teammates died a lot (not necessarily your fault) and the system takes that as a bad healing performance. But i'm not sure at all.

C

Cheri Anne

Play Mercy. Her SR gains are busted.

A

Amber Blundell

last season i won like 7 out of 10 games with placements and got like 2300 sr or something, so its kinda jacked

D

Deeana Stark

I won like 3/10 placement matches and was expecting to be placed in silver and got high gold instead.

B

Ben Suskic

I made a Lucio sombra smurf. Mostly played Lucio in all my placements.(80% of the time). Got placed 3008 rose up to 3374. It's very possible to be placed high. You were probably dying alot and weren't able to be in fights as mucj

T

Thomas Gutierrez

Play zen that way u can dps n heal at same time.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom