Contact advertising [email protected]

I got called toxic because I didnt rez anyone? This guy on my comp game was extremely...

K

Katie Dalton

I got called toxic because I didnt rez anyone? This guy on my comp game was extremely upset because I was lagging (told all of them: "sorry, lagging give me a moment" and they got upset and said "switch then. dont play mercy if youre gonna lag" and i told them i couldnt control when i lag so im sorry then they started to call me toxic and how i was ruining the game. So i switched when we were defense and they said "toxicity at its finest" and im so confused. I literally apologized to them yet they still belittled me and made me feel less than. it was annoying and idk if i was in the wrong. what do you guys think? (dont wanna give their battle tags out because im not an asshole so)

edit: i lagged for a total of 1 minute and i couldnt change because everyone that i play well were taken. i didnt want to throw.

D

Daniel O'donoghue

welcome to internet gaming, ignore them and move on

L

Lena Renee Bishop

^

L

Lena Renee Bishop

people are gonna be dicks no matter what

A

Anette Arellano

Why are you playing comp when you're lagging?

D

Derek Mecca

To enjoy Overwatch, I suggest you play with people you know, people you add in-game who are friendly and helpful, or stay out of voice chat. Unfortunately, you can't stay out of text chat and so you just have to try not to take things personally. Unfortunately, you can't escape toxic people in online gaming.

I will say that if you lag, I would stay out of comp until you can fix your connection issues. People take comp very seriously.

C

Clara

Honestly, if you're lagging then you shouldn't be playing because you're ruining it for other people.. I don't know if you were lagging for the whole entire game but if so then I'd probably get a little angry.. But anyway, just mute, report and block if it was that annoying for you.

A

Alonso Cruz

Switch right away, not on the second round

A

Ashley Demyan

You don't have to take everything everyone says seriously. Like would you REALLY believe that fits under the definition of toxicity?

J

Jodi Szowcsuk

Chill! Don't let it get to you so much

R

Ryan Welter

Just fuckin mute em.

C

Christie Board

Sounds like you were in a tough position. I wouldnt stress, you lagged only for a small amount of time. The defult high ping character to play is lucio, you don't have to be good on him.

S

Sara Jean

if it was comp id see why they would be upset, i dont play comp on days that i am getting bad lag.
If it is qp, then they can fucking suck it up XD i like to stay out of vchat and also /hide the chat if i just feel like getting practise in without the bitching

T

Tung Nguyen

U should of been like, "well now that I said claim toxic, I'll just power boost u the entire game" XD

K

Kevin Stiles

Protip. Don't apologize to people on the Internet. Especially if its something you can't control. Now lets say if you fat fingered your ult when you shouldn't have, then sure, apology is courteous. But don't apologize to other players for lag. Unless you or they are getting paid money for playing the game or have some form of investment implicated to game performance then who gives a shit.

Iz jus gaem.

A

Ahnaf Adib Arko

Ignore and move on

A

Anna Vasiliadi

I'm sorry but you're in the wrong. You can't just tell your team to "wait a minute" because you're lagging in comp. Every second matters. So unless you are certain that your internet is fine, don't play comp. Still though they were pretty rude but I guess that's reasonable since comp is there for people who take the game seriously.

D

Dani Whiterabbit

Mute and move on.

D

Danica Mendoza

Tbh sounds like they were mad you wouldn't switch not that you lagged. If you only lagged for a minute you should not have had 0 rez, I don't understand why this starts with a mention of 0 rez then the rest is about lag. But this lag was 1 minute? 1 minute is nothing compared to 0 rez in say 5 of a round.

Above you say you "couldn't" switch because characters you play were taken and you can't play Ana or Zen because you "get targeted". Not gonna lie, that's a lame standpoint to have.

Like I'm all for people not being assholes to each other, but I'm not a sugar coater either. I sincerely doubt you were called toxic for 60 seconds of lag.

You had a bad match. Shit happens. We all do. Ignore people being extra about it, dust yourself off and carry on.

E

Emily Broekhuizen

They were right. If you're lagging switch of mercy. She's a viable healer and if you can't play her because of lag you should let someone else play her

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom