Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I get motion sick when playing Odyssey. This sucks. Am I the only one who is...

• Thread starter John Carl Zullo Dio
  • Start date
J

John Carl Zullo Dio

I get motion sick when playing Odyssey. This sucks. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? If I can't get over it, sad to say but I think I need to give it up. :'(

B

Ben Esh

take dramamean and play

S

Sam Paskins

Aww to bad man

D

Damien Robinson

Dang bro

W

William Velázquez

Go to a Doctor

M

Mistie Newman

Try adjusting the brightness or hue saturation on the color levels for your TV. I have this issue while playing Sonic games, and this can help to some degree.

A

Aaron Lefebvre

Weird, first time i heard someone having this issue with the game. Hope you can get passed it.

M

Matt Musarra

Retire, video games aren't for u

J

Jane Musgrave

Don't get it with odyssey but remember years back on dream cast one game made me feel really weird.

B

Ben Fleming

Have a joint! It will even everything out.

G

Gabriel Guevara

Sorry for your condition

J

John Carl Zullo Dio

Could it be because I played handled while lying in bed? Just bought the game on the road and is currently out of town so I hadn't tried docked mode yet. Anyone got nauseated on this setup?

A

Arman Alamin Siddiqui

hit the bong

R

Robert Polizu

I recommend getting a pair of glasses. Not normal eyeglasses but blue light shield glasses. I've suffered like you are but for anything I played, it just kinda happened. But I got a pair from Amazon (brand is J+S) and now I can game pain free.

T

Tony Clarke

I get motion sick in 99% of first person type shooters and most ‘camera following the person’ open world type games (like Odyssey)

I can play MARIO for around an hour and a half before needing to take a break.

That’s one tip... take a break every hour or so, do something that requires looking at a distant, STABLE horizon. It gives your brain chance to calm down and settle.

Also, while playing the game, limit how much you use the camera ‘look around’ function and movement changes, and when doing so, focus solely on MARIO, not on the spinning landscape around him.

Hope this helps.

P

Peter Van Eede

Ginger stops motion sickness

M

Matthew Lawson

I've only gotten motion sickness with the original Half Life and Duke Nukem 64.
I also remember watching a Let's Play video, can't remember the game, where I got nausea.
Try doing a Google search. Otherwise give this article a look.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

L

Layla Alaa

There is medication that helps against motion sickness ( I for example *should* be taking them when I go on a longer trip, but I usually forget about it which is just plain stupid of me) but maybe that helps plus maybe (at least in splatoon) turn down the sensitivity of the motion controls and stick controls.. I get motion sick when I watch a friend play at high sensitivity.

O

Odeon Tahi

Turn down the backlight or contrast/brightness of your TV and wear sunglasses .... I have no evidence that this will work but its worth a try right?

M

Matthew Lawson

Something that may help as well, turn the backlight on the screen to a lower setting, and have the volume down low, but not completely off.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom