Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I’ve only played one Mario Platformer. Super Mario World on GBA (If you were curious)....

A

Andrew K Hosaka

I’ve only played one Mario Platformer. Super Mario World on GBA (If you were curious). But I’ve played played Mario Kart religiously on 64, GC, and Switch. But never played the respective Mario Platformers. So the question I pose is will people like me who haven’t played much Mainline Mario enjoy this game?

J

João Pedro Lang

Your first 3D Mario platformer is an experience to remember. I think you're gonna love it

D

Dave Gayheart

If Nintendo ever gets around to releasing the virtual console, I highly recommend Mario 64.

L

Leif Johnson

Not at all. I love Mario but, I love Earthbound and Zelda more. Mario for so is not their cup of tea.

A

Anthony Marino Huelsman

I think Odyssey is a great game to start with, and you dont have to have played a bunch of other mario games to enjoy it.

J

Jeremy Milam

How in the world have you managed to exist in this world without playing a Mario Platformer besides the gba... #Wowzers

N

Nik Lal

Like you, I've played Mario Kart, but I've never played a proper Mario game. Super Mario Odyssey is my first. I've played through the prologue/tutorial bit and I'm really enjoying it. I remember trying the one for Nintendo 64 and not liking it because I just couldn't wrap my head around the controls and freeform movement. This time around I'm doing much better.

Since you're uncertain, though, I suggest that you buy the physical version so that you can easily return or sell it if you don't like it, without taking a chance with Nintendo customer support trying to get your money back on the digital version.

Actually, an even better option: a lot of libraries have Nintendo Switch games now. See if your local library (or a friend) has it so that you can give it a try for a little bit and see if you like it before you make a decision.

J

Joseph Perry Standish

A fusion of all mario games.. well almost all. It is a blast. Not really open world but has just as much content and nostalgic levels are through the roof.

J

Justin McGowan

Yes.

R

Rolando Royster

Honestly up to this point I've only played side scrolling Mario games. The last one for me was New Super Mario bros on DC. It's a great game. Makes me wanna go back and play the other 3D Marios

J

Jason Kay

I've only played Mario 64 and mario maker and I'm finding this great fun. You don't really have to know anything about the previous game as the storyline works well on its own without that knowledge.

J

Jack KH

I only ever played the first two mario games back in the days... On PC. I enjoy this one a lot :)

J

Jordan Vgcollector

It's going to be neck and neck with Zelda for game of the year. It is a quality game FOR SURE. So beyond that it's preference. We don't know your tastes, but unless you really dislike platformers, the chances are great you'll enjoy it. If you don't, then this genre is not for you, because this game will be the gold standard for it for some time to come. Doesn't mean you'll love it, just means the chances are great you'll enjoy it.

K

Kenny Kuang

Mario is accessible to anyone. Anyone can have a good time. I play mainline mario games since the first one and I can tell you, you will love playing it. It is just so good gameplay wise.

S

Sean Proctor

64 and sunshine you should play then the galaxys

S

Sean Proctor

Galaxies

C

Charlie James Field

mario has good animation and expression in this game... go onto the pause screen and scroll up and down lol

G

Gilbert Cruz

I know how ypu must've felt but my answer is YES!.. am ashamed to say that the only mario game i played were super mario bros on the famicom and sunshine.. odyssey made me a fan for sure i couldnt stop taking screenshots lol

R

Ryan Gillispie

Everyone would like this game. It’s one of the top 3 most polished, best made games I’ve ever played.

J

Jack Harding

Dude, it's quite simply marvellous. If you don't like it at least a little, I'll be very surprised.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom