Contact advertising [email protected]

I’ll never understand the sr system. A few games ago, I went as Winston, gold...

P

Phol Ramsey

I’ll never understand the sr system.

A few games ago, I went as Winston, gold objective kills, bronze elims, 10k+ damage blocked, we lost and I lost 31 sr.

I just won a game on Nepal, first point went lucio, second point went mercy cause nobody else wanted to heal.

We won. I went from 2596 to 2603.

Literally gained 7 sr in a game where nobody left.

I’m so close to not doing competitive because of this. It’s every day. I’ll frag out one game and gain like 20. Then suck next game and we win and I get like 27-30.

Is there any logical explanation in that? I don’t mind losing, cause that’ll happen, but damn, man.

B

Brian Simkins

I was literally just complaining about this about an hour ago. I got 4 golds on Nepal as D.Va where everyone else on my team wanted to play DPS and run in and die alone. I lost 29 SR. Then I played with a great team on Kings Row as Orisa where we dominated. I got gold elims and obj kills, silver damage and obj time, and blocked 12k damage. Got 17 SR. This system makes zero sense sometimes.

P

Parker Atkins

Play dps

L

Luke Schirmer

What platform are you on?

C

Chris Johnson

Yeah the sr system sucks

A

Aadil Saqib

In the first game, you probably had a higher SR than the enemy average and still lost. Thus, the game punished you more. In the second game, same thing happened and the enemy was lower than you but you won this time so the game rewarded you less.
Medals don't really mean anything if they're against players who are worse than you.

A

Aadil Saqib

Also, if you're on average losing more games than winning them, the game starts to think that you belong lower and so punishes you more for losses till you start winning consistently. Vice versa for wins. Thus, winstreaks give you greater gains and losing streaks push you lower.

But still, the greatest diff is due to performance relative to enemy skill. If you ever get matched in a plat game as a gold player but win with good performance, you can gain as much as twice the SR as you normally do.

Being a diamond player, my SR gains on a gold alternate were initially 60-70 per win and 10-15 per loss. The game can easily track your skill fluctuations in a few games and adjust SR rewards accordingly.

However, individual performance only has effect till diamond. But overall SR gains still depend on how good or bad the enemy that you beat was.

R

Ryuuichi Rekairu

You maybe also died a lot. Back when i played healer in performance based sr i lost 40 pointa even when game was 200 sr higher than my rank. Reason we had leaver and i died all time and had shit healing compared to average. (In next game i got 30 and soloque never lost even 20 since i died like 0-4 times)

R

Ryuuichi Rekairu

I mean you can have easily eliminations as winston and objectibe as moira can have 5 golds but you may also die a lot (what i see my silver brother do a lot)

C

Chris Bayer

everyone seems to have their wn idea of how it works but none of them make sense

D

Dan Graves

Here's the blue post regarding S8 changes, if you're in these tiers. I've heard if you use a hero more you gain less and lose more SR when using that hero.

S

Sam Walker

The SR system is crap. It doesn't work as intended, it couldn't possibly. Remove it pls

D

David Gibson

Depends on the Sr difference at the start too.. but other than that no idea. If you cue with someone with higher Sr you will gain more in general and lose less. But they won't lol

P

Phol Ramsey

I really just need to only play while I’m high so stupid shit like that doesn’t bother me so much haha

C

Cody Burdick

Another possible thing is that your rank is significantly higher than your MMR, and the game is trying to make sure you don't climb into a rank you won't be competitive in. Not that it makes much sense, TBH, but that's likely a factor as well.

R

Raimone Gresham

RaggTagg just had a video this weekend where a guy was playing well and earned 3 SR for his win.

B

Brendon Alexander

Comp is rigged af. Players getting just 7 SR from a win, or lower(no joke, one player got 3 SR from a win, it was talked about in a video someone else in this thread brought up).

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom