Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi, I recently bought a GTX 1080 G1 gaming and i've had an issue since i bought it. On...

E

Etienne Pudi Jean

Hi, I recently bought a GTX 1080 G1 gaming and i've had an issue since i bought it. On start up, the fans dont work. I have to open msi afterburner and manually get the fans going. Is there a way to make it so that the fans start working on start up?

S

Sami Mohammad

I think the fans don't start spinning until the GPU reaches a certain temperature. I might be wrong tho.

R

Robbie Heylen

hav you tried running a benchmark? some gpu fans dont work untill it gets under load

T

Toby De Heer

So your gpu will be idling when your pc just starts up. Is your graphics card getting too hot. Most likely they're not turning on because they're not needed unless under load. Try setting a custom fan curve

M

Marc Quenneville

Usually fans won't spin up until the GPU reaches a certain temp

E

Etienne Pudi Jean

It first caught my attention when the GPU reached 67 degrees. I think that the fans shouldve kicked in by then lmao

J

John Dalgleish

I believe gpu fans only turn on when the card is under heavier use, so it'll be on idle on startup

J

Jon Edwards

my asus 1070 don't spin until under load

K

Kevin Edward

MSI afterburner can't control the fans of all cards, and a GPU fan doesn't spin up until it reaches the temperature set in its BIOS. This is so the card is silent when not under load.

J

Jamie Brown

You should be able to turn ODB mode off. It doesnt use fans in idle until it hits a certain temp.

R

Rick Kidder

I'm mostly positive that basically any 10 series card automatically turns on when it reaches a certain temp. My EVGA 1070 SC does when it hits 60c, yours might when it hits 70c. This is to reduce audible noise, Id Google and check forums for your Gigabyte 1080 while you wait for others with the same card or at least brand.

Edit: I've heard of fans not turning on automatically so I see why you're worried.

L

Logan Koeth

They’ll never work on startup unless you set a manual fan curve.

They are meant to be off at idle and turn on under load. Apparently yours is set higher for some reason but you’ll need to make your own fan curve to get them to be on all the time

R

Rick Kidder

So apparently they turn on at 50c by default after Googling.. Did you mess with any software relating to your fans and overclocking?

L

Lewis Kiltie

my 1070 fans only start spinning when it gets to a certain temp. No point in them spinning all the time

J

Joshua Groves

fans dont spin on idle

J

Joshua Groves

only when temperature gets hot enough

J

Joshua Groves

they are meant to be silent

M

Mark Blackburn

Lots of GPUs have passive cooling till they reach around 60c but it can be changed.. it's meant to work that way. It keeps noise down and saves power.

D

David Quinn

The fans dont start right away because with modern GPU bios theu go for silence till it hits 50c

W

Wayne Pritchard

The newer card willnt spin up til it hits certain load,my older gtx by msi does the same thing

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom