Contact advertising [email protected]

hey, I'm looking at buying an asus 1080ti strix, putting a waterblock and overclocking...

R

Riley Branson

hey, I'm looking at buying an asus 1080ti strix, putting a waterblock and overclocking the card. would it be worth paying the extra going the OC edition? would the Gpu be better binned? or are my chances the exact same with the non OC edition and just get that plus the extra money I save I can put towards my waterblock. also, can I run an EK waterblock on the asus strix but still use the original strix backplate? I think I can but want to be certain.
PFA, TIA

C

Christian Carlo Cruz

For some reason, oc is cheaper than non oc in memory express

R

Riley Branson

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

which one should I get then? the OC edition here is more expensive? I live in Australia so Pc parts a heaps expensive with the tax compared to most countries

K

Kane Hewson

Honestly if your gna waterblock it just get a founders. Theres not much point paying extra for one of the best air coolers on the market just to water cool it

D

David Ferguson

Could just buy the gigabyte one and not have to spend extra on the open loop block

J

Jack Czaja

Alex Wroblewski

C

Christopher Persaud

Get a Poseidon that already has a waterblock on it

A

Alex Wroblewski

Riley Branson you can use the OEM backplate provided by Asus to keep the RGB if you'd like. The EKWB backplates do provide another level of cooling for the GPU which is why I opted to getting one.
As for which card to purchase its up to you, I went for the OC edition because I can and I didn't mind spending the extra couple bucks on it.
Picture provided has the GPU you're looking at getting with already installed EKWB Backplate & Waterblock

D

David Kirkland

Yes, it works great

D

Dylan Knights

Have strix 1080ti OC edition and overclock that and still don't get above 65°c on full load.. they have amazing coolers probably the best I have seen on a gpu

J

Joel Varuska

Just a heads up, Asus voids your warranty if you remove their cooler. At least last I checked they did.

R

Riley Branson

Shouldn't be that big of a problem. One of my custom radiators doesnt have warranty because its custom made to my design, plus im delidding my 8700k i want to get. So i think warranty isnt really going to be an issue for me. Ahah

J

Joel Varuska

Just making sure you wouldn't be blindsided if something did happen. I doubt you'll have any issues though. I don't have experience with anything other than their mobos, but the four I have had are all flawless.

D

Dave VW

have the oc one and a ek waterblock with original backplate i never get it hotter dan 33c

L

Luis Chaves

better get a founders card, those cards have better binning compared to other custom board partners

N

Nair Carrillo

Posiedon already brings a waterblock on the 1080 ti

P

Paul McCaffrey

I have overclocked my Strix 1080ti to 1850mhz and it still doesn't go over 60degrees when playing 4k at 60fps max settings. Can't find any game that is gonna require me to water cool it.

R

Riley Branson

Yea, for me its mainly because it will be my first custom loop including a gpu. So for me its just a matter of stepping up from just custom cpu cooling plus this pc is a new build to replace my old setup that will go to my fiance for photo editing. So hoping to hit 2ghz hopefully on the gpu. Would even be happy with 1900mhz.

P

Paul McCaffrey

1900 u can do with the stock fans 2k I wouldn't even attempt on mine. Would rather buy a second ha ha!

R

Riley Branson

Ahah. Id rather hit 2ghz than buy a 2nd card hehehe. Ive known a couple of people to hit 2ghz on water, so i want to join the 2ghz club ahhah

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom