Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys... considering that I will only be able to have all the parts I need for the...

S

Sven Majerus

Hey guys... considering that I will only be able to have all the parts I need for the PC around april may... is it worth waiting for the 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU's that AMD were talking about in the CES? I was initially going with Ryzen 5 1600 on a x370 mobo... i wont have to change mobo cuz the 2nd gen cpu's are going to be compatible with the 300 series mobo's after bios update...

Any thoughts?

D

Don Wickenden

New boards are also coming q2 for AM4. Keep that in mind

S

Sven Majerus

I'm just wondering if the price will be much higher compared to current 1gen CPU and Mobos

S

Stefen B Allen

They released a chart with pricing comparing Ryzen and Ryzen+ as well as their Intel counterparts.

S

Sven Majerus

No, they actually just show the initial price of the existing Ryzen processors and the reduced price they now set for stock clearance

D

Don Wickenden

We reps won't get actual pricing until the launch date nears. For now we only have hints at msrp. But, if you want to update the chip you have, now's the time since the prices are falling in prep for the new lineup.

S

Sven Majerus

Yeah... I actually see prices here in my country dropping almost 30% for the current ryzen cpu's

S

Sven Majerus

The only thing I'm worried is, will my pc with the actual ryzen's still be future proof?

D

Don Wickenden

The gain with the next gen won't be that big. Up to you.

D

Don Wickenden

On team blue...6700 ~ 7700 gain was minimal. Same goes for 7700~8700. Future proof ? You'll be good for years to come. I'm still using my 9590 happily. Killing all my games including some of the newest titles flawlessly.

S

Sven Majerus

Thanks, is helping me out already... definitely the prices currently are very attractive so I think I'm going to stick with R5 1600

H

Hasin Mahir

You don't need to worry about motherboard prices. You can use them in any current AM4 board.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom