Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey everyone, so I noticed my Astro A50s aren't performing very well after I connected...

Z

Zane Aiello

Hey everyone, so I noticed my Astro A50s aren't performing very well after I connected them. I realized it almost sounded like a normal Stereo Audio in my headset. Read online about downloading Realtek Audio and then downloading Dolby for the headset. Then I read on MSI to download Nahimic 2.

So after I downloaded Realtek, Dolby, and Nahimic..

-Realtek I downloaded I'm 99% sure the right way.

- I downloaded Dolby from Astros website and every time I try to open it.. this box shows up saying connect Headset with USB.. so do I plug my headset into my actual desktop? Or the mix amp?

-Then I noticed a big thing... I opened up Destiny 2 and the sounds all are surround sound BUT they sound almost behind me 90% of the time. When I move around it's definitely surround sound.. a little more bass, but I hate how the sounds are almost behind me. Is this normal with surround sound and I'm just not used to it? Sorry for the long post just thought I'd try to give as much information as I can. Thanks! Merry Christmas.

C

Chris Seebaugh

Something is up. Make sure your audio is set to optical and not the usb audio. I'm not home but if you haven't gotten it figured out by the time I get back I'll help you out. A50s are phenomenal. I've got A40s in my backpack and A50s at home lol.

M

Michael Degarmo

Could possibly be the way the speakers are configured and yes you will need to plug the mix amp in via USB and your head set into your mix amp, see if any of your drivers allow you to configure placement of speakers, I know when I was using my soundblaster card for surround sound I could turn certain speakers on and off and also tweak their location a bit.

Z

Zane Aiello

This all the audio options I have after installing Realtek.. I do remember having one (if I remember right)
"S/OPTI" or something like that. But now it's gone

M

Michael Degarmo

Okay try the realteck digital output, that will be the fiberline(optical) that goes to your mix amp that will be the best quality audio you can have.

M

Michael Degarmo

See if that allows for a better sound.

Z

Zane Aiello

I'm gonna uninstall Dolby, Realtek, and Nahimic and try again.

M

Michael Degarmo

Also make sure you have a optical cable running to your mixamp

Z

Zane Aiello

Oh! See here it is after removing Realtek High Def Audio driver

Z

Zane Aiello

M

Michael Degarmo

There now try and run your game or any video or run a test and see if you are having the same issue

Z

Zane Aiello

But now that Realtek isn't downloaded at all is that an issue?

Z

Zane Aiello

Oh! Another thing I forgot to say.. on my astros. There is a Voice/Game option on the side right? Well they were swapped! After downloading those programs/drivers the voice one controlled the game volume and VisaVersa... isn't that weird?

Z

Zane Aiello

Long story short.. I couldn't really tel if my 7.1 was working at max potential and realized this..

Z

Zane Aiello

It's back to normal. I think I was just being paranoid because it sounds EXTREMELY better VS the back in my head surround sound that I was getting after downloading those drivers and programs

G

Geronimo Forbes

I have A50s. Surround sound is great but it feels like the worst 300 dollars I've ever spent.

C

Chris Seebaugh

Digital audio is definitely what I was meaning for Optical. Make sure you set that as the communications device as well or any chat programs will sound like it was sounding previously.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom