Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey everyone, hopefully this hasnt been asked before but whats your thoughts on the...

B

Brandon Barnes

Hey everyone, hopefully this hasnt been asked before but whats your thoughts on the purchase of the 8700k over the 7700k. Building a new pc soon and just wanted to get people opinions of who has had either or both. Considering the $100+ price for cpu and mobo. Thanks

J

Jon Parkes

4% performance difference between them, I went 7700k

C

Chavlier Brown

If you are planning to edit videos 8700k is the choice..... For strictly gaming i would choose 7700k

J

Jacob Acra

I mean if it is a fresh new system i would go for the newest hardware.

J

JP Willardson

87 and 77 are basically the same price. It has new features and its the latest tech, theres 0 reason to get the 77

B

Ben Lanzotti

If you're buying new you are an absolute FOOL to choose the 7700k over the 8700k.

If you can pick up a used 7700k and z270 board then you can dump the saved money into a GPU and be better off as it will mark the largest difference.

You're looking at maybe 10 FPS difference between the CPUs as far as current games go...but NEW there is ZERO REASON to choose the 7700k over the 8700k.

P

Paweł Piwowar

Now ONLY good CPU worth buying is Intel 8gen or AMD Ryzen, ONLY. Intel 8gen raw power in all usage long live (power) and once again POWER, AMD Ryzen AM4 for upgrade and overall flex and stability, good performance for use in applications and games, future-proof CORE count and support for next two Gen. Nothing else matters.

V

Ville-Waltteri Herrala

No reason to go for the 7700/K any longer. The chip is 4C/8T and will start to fall behind in performance rapidly as 6C/12T optimization starts to take off.

J

James Brauer

The 7700k is just a 6700k with a slightly higher clock, when i built my rig last year i went with the 6700k, but the 8700k actually is faster then both, even in single thread (which is why AMD still cant catch Intel) so the 8700k really is worth it

R

Richard Philips

depends what your doing

D

Dennis Barbier

8700 for sure.

K

Kevin Hansford

Personally I wouldn't handcuff myself to a quad core platform now both Intel and amd are pushing more cores

C

Christopher Bonner

8700K for sure!

C

Corey Francïs Novak

Or just go Ryzen

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom