Contact advertising [email protected]

Here's some questions regarding TV vs. Monitors. -There is no 4k TV out there thats...

J

Joseph Feliciano

Here's some questions regarding TV vs. Monitors.

-There is no 4k TV out there thats is capable of going beyond 60hz since they're using HDMI - True? If so, how bout those TV that are saying it has a 120hz feature? Is there no TV out there that has a display port?

-is the diff between 60hz and 144hz really noticable?

-for monitors that supports 144hz is 32 the max size? 2k is the max res?

Reason : trying to decide bet 144hz monitor or oled tv.

Thanks in advance!

C

Chris Winchester

get the monitor, I gamed on a 40inch HDTV for years, switched to a 165mhz monitor with 1ms response, IT WAS NIGHT AND DAY! ITS SO MUCH BETTER. Just get the monitor and youll be glad you did. Im never going back to a HDTV again

D

Drew Torres

If the TV has DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 it can go higher. However, the input lag is what will get you in gaming. It's significantly different in TVs vs Monitors. Also, the monitors will have better pixel density.

S

Steven Gunnoe

It can do 120hz at 1080p and only 60hz at 4k. They don't just put it on box plain to see though

E

Erik Uccello

TVs are almost always 60hz. They have faux software enhanced 120hz, it'll usually say "120hz motion plus" or something along those lines. My TV has it and it looks smoother when watching TV and movies but I need to turn it off to game cause It looks like super motion blur. 32 is the max for non ultrawide monitors. I have a 60hz and 144hz and there IS a difference but I think it's overhyped. It looks smoother and objectively better but it didn't make a ground breaking difference for me. I didn't go 144hz and suddenly become a 360noscope God or start getting better Frame advantages in fighting games.

J

Josh Christina Brennan

I have 2 monitors and one 4K tv, I have a 2560x1440 144hz for shooters, I have a 3440x1440 34” curved ultrawide 100hz and finally my 55”4K with HDR, the 3440x1440 I use with almost all my games, and my 4k for war thunder, games like MMOs and any slower paced games

G

Gregory Leung

1. No, there isn't. They use some formula to make it smoother, feel smoother. But no, those '2200Hz' stuff are just BS.
2. Yes. By how much depends on your game.
3. I think so, there aren't many big monitors though. 2560x1440* 2k is not the word for this. And yes.
OLED TV have subpar response time. TV in general can have 50ms or even more delay. So I don't really recommend it.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom