Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello folks. I'm new to this group, so please be kind, as I can see some people like...

T

Tara White

Hello folks. I'm new to this group, so please be kind, as I can see some people like to make nasty comments. I need some basic, newbie advice please.

My 10 year old son wants a gaming PC for Christmas and I don't know where to start. Should I buy a basic tower and add a graphics card? My budget is £300. Is this unrealistic?

His game of choice is CS Go.

Thank you :)

T

Tyler Fordy-Water Ford

That is somewhat unrealistic, however, there are a bunch of people on Youtube that feature "budget builds." These can help you out quite a bit. Also, it would be a very cool learning experience for yourself and your son to partake in building a PC together. Tons of tutorial videos on Youtube for this as well.

I'm assuming your $404.88 (USD translated) budget also means you'll need to fit a Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard in too?

B

Blake Dalenko

If you can possibly jump up to 500usd it would be great and allow him to play. Other game etc.. At decent settings

But the price your saying its possible

F

Felix Xia

how about getting an xbox , add keyboard and mouse, and find something like titanfall. a pc will be expensive ya know.

A

Andrej Zecevic

g4560 and gt 1030, fit the rest in the price and you're got to go

D

Derrick Barnes

If you make that a solid $500 usd , that will be perfect.

D

Derrick Barnes

My 11 year old still plays using an fx6300 and he plays the games he likes. It was just one of my old hand me down pc's.

E

Emmett Murphy

Unsure how much your price would be in usd but i bought my first pc for $400 usd and it ran cs go no problem and was running new games on low back in 2014

D

Daniel Jahnke

serious im not usually one to say this but if its "only" for csgo -- go to your local walmart and pic out one from there youll thank yourself in the end with the warranty and the simple task in mind--- if its for more higher end game say crysis 3 then you may want to look into building one

M

Muhammad Abu Qatadah

Processor : Intel Pentium G4560.

Graphic Card : GT1030 or GTX1050 2GB.

Motherboard : Gigabyte H110M S2 (because Gigabyte is cheaper than the others) .

RAM : 4GB DDR4 .

Power supply unit : any 450 watt and 80+ bronze certified will do.

Casing : Segotep K Series , windowed .

total is 300-350

O

Omar Nasser

Buy a HP or Dell used with a Xeon or I5.
Add 8 GB of 10600 ddr3 ram which is dirt cheap and a gtx 1050ti and you have a setup that plays everything at 1080p high settings at around 50 fps.
And you can expect a few hundred fps at csgo

M

Mike Magwire

You want a Micro Atx build. 2x4gb sticks of generic ram, a microatx case with inclusive power supply, a 256gb SSD, a 4560, and a used GPU 960/1050ti/1060

K

Keiyam Keiyam

If u were close to London I would say go to the weekend computer fairs. They have cheap parts there and u could build a decent one for $300 .

C

Chris Steezmour-Fussell

I would shop for a used graphics card, 970 you can find cheap, or even a 960. Intel duo cpu, 8gb ram, cheap ssd if possible, cheap motherboard and case should be under $400 usd, if I remember jayz2cents made a cheap build with a 1050 and a duo for about 400-500$ usd of I remember correctly, check him out on YouTube to get more of the specs

S

Sean Millham

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Someone could probably get it cheaper than this, but if you have some time, go on to YouTube and watch a channel called "RandomGamingInHD" and he will give you a better idea of how well lower tiered hardware performs and what will give you the best bang for your buck.

B

Brooks Michael

Ibuypower.com, cheap and with a warranty

L

Lewis McKechnie

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

L

Lewis McKechnie

try gumtree

R

Rasmus Schrøder

You dont need a super powerful computer to run csgo so if you want to buy new stuff id say a new!!(Socket AM4) Athlon or a cheap Ryzen 3 and a RX 560 or GTX 1050/1050TI. All of this ofcause depends on where you lve and what you are willing to spend. and then all the ram you can afford after hdd/ssd(recomend ssd).

D

Dan Panosh

You won't be able to get a new computer for that price. Unless you have components.
However, Since Ryzen's release, the FX processors have basically dropped like a brick in value. Id recommend looking up some used machines. I have seen some really cheap and good deals with used FX machines.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom