Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Has anyone on here played yooka-laylee recently? I heard when it was released it...

J

Joe Slack

Has anyone on here played yooka-laylee recently? I heard when it was released it wasn’t the smoothest in some parts of the levels and loading times were a slight issue, etc. I’m curious if they’ve released any updates that have helped the game? I really loved Banjo kazooie and I’ve never played yooka laylee but I want to love it.

S

Sheena Coumbes

Following...

I

Ian Rooke

Im playing it now seems a good game to me a bit hard for me though

T

Thomas Boye

I first bought the PS4 one, but the loading frequents and controller were horrible, I mean terrible; Then I downloaded the Nintendo Switch version and..it has the loading issues as well, but the controller is top notch compare to the others, the visual is amazing and I even heard Nintendo got involved with the work on the port to make sure their version would be the definitive one. I'll say give it a go! It's not better than Banjo-Kazooie, but you will notice the atmosphere of those games right away!

T

Travis Bonz Piercy

I feel exactly the same way I love banjo but was kind of disappointed on how yooka wasn’t so smooth

D

David Jarrett

At the ages of 18-20, I really loved Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and DK64 (getting all the bananas!), but Yooka-Laylee lacks their "heart."

I'm twenty years older now, obviously, and while Yooka-Laylee is not a bad game per se, it feels dated. Platformers have gotten better. It feels like a parody of a better game that evolved with the times, like Mario Odyssey. The worlds are nearly empty. The controls are bad enough to make you say aloud, "I'm better at video games than this!" as you miss easy jumps. The story is bland, and the characters instantly forgettable.

There's cool retro, like Shovel Knight, and there's bad retro, like Yooka-Laylee. I appreciate its sentiments, but it doesn't capture the Banjo magic enough to make you love it. You'll want to, but... you won't. It feels like a generic brand of your favorite childhood after-school cartoon. It will feel like fake Lego's. Patently fake.

I occasionally play Yooka-Laylee, but once I do, it's just not compelling for me to continue for more than 10 minutes. I have other things I'd rather do and other better games to play, at least these days.

My two cents.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom