Contact advertising [email protected]

Does anyone play Need for Speed Payback? I was having issues a couple of weeks back...

M

Mark Robertson

Does anyone play Need for Speed Payback?

I was having issues a couple of weeks back with stuttering and really high cpu temps (95/96 Celcius).

I re-pasted the gpu and cpu with grizzly, and the temps are down to 80 Celcius maximum, so big improvement (not ideal I know, but it is a laptop, and other games run perfectly. I'm still getting stuttering. It's at its worst when first starting the game, but is still there slightly all the time.

I'm using an i7-7700hq, 8GB ddr-4 and a 1060 6GB gpu. Surely this should be more than enough for 1080p without stuttering.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Before anyone asks, all of my drivers are up to date. I've optimised the game settings in Nvidia control panel, and direct x is up to date.

A

Artūras Giraitis

good luck solving the issue, don`t play the game or read anything about so I don`t have a clue about the problem

D

Dakota Kasal

I'm gonna guess it's a result of thermal throttling. Grizzly was a good idea. If you're overclocked try stepping it down. Underclocking can actually help a laptop. Maybe a good cooling pad under it. Your cpu and gpu get smothered to death in a laptop case.

D

Dakota Kasal

But yeah your hardware should be more than enough. High temps are boning you. I'm pretty confident about that.

M

Mark Robertson

Dakota Kasal I tried undervolting, and that brings down the temps to around 75, but I have to set it up every time I restart as the settings dont save for some reason.
Its a hq cpu so cant technically change the clock speed, hence why i undervolt instead.

D

Dakota Kasal

Hmmm idk then. Are you using software or bios to clock?

M

Mark Robertson

The bios is pretty restricted mate. Ive tried intel xtu and throttlestop

K

Khalid AL-zain

laptops only start to throttle after 95c...you good temb wise..did you try to lower the game's setting??even tho ur lap is powerful but its worth a try....if it did get better then 1060 6GB isnt going to max the game with a steady 60

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom