Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Digital or physical Super Mario Odyssey? I don't ever plan on trading in the game so...

M

Mike Copersito

physical, I'm a game stop pro member and so far it has been worth the extra points and discounts for used games

M

Mike Aiello

I am going all digital on the switch. It is just more convenient and easier for my situation taking it every where I go. Once I modded my 3ds and got everything on that digital I find it hard to get away from. I only will buy physical if there is a collectors edition that I am interested in such as the breath of the wild. That game has yet to leave my switch.

J

Jason Cameron

Why will it be collectible? It's not a rare item

E

Elatia Langford

If you don't plan on trading it in, save yourself the hassle of changing out cartridges and having yet another thing to carry around.

I went physical... but only because I'm just wasn't sure if I'd like the "playing as enemies" mechanic (and I don't).

M

Moe Hunter

Physical here

A

Alejandro Fernandez

Physical. Niche appeal, nostalgia, and youll have thr game even when your Switch craps.

B

Ben Esh

physical even if you don't trade it in it's still more room on your memory card

D

Daniel Morgan-Kane

Digital because;
-Convenience
-Slightly faster loading times if on internal memory
-Can keep game slot free for rentals
-Less cartridges to carry
-Can keep purchase concealed from partner more easily...
-Game can follow you around hardware now with better account management.
-You can't "lose" the game in the normal sense.

Physical because;
-You have something physical for your purchase/collection.
-More room on your internal memory for other games that can only be downloaded...
-You have an asset that you can use if necessary.
-Nintendo are still a long, long way behind the competition on account management, even if it is improving.
-Nintendo products become very collectable quite easily. Especially as the physical market is being reduced, having something to share with future generations that might not be available could be useful.
-You can't "lose" your purchase if in ten years Nintendo suddenly decide to shut down the store and your Switch needs to be replaced or repaired.
-You can lend it to friends and family to try.
-Not necessarily applicable to this situation, but the platform holder (Nintendo) has less control over the prices. They are notoriously stingy on the eshop.
-Cartridges are so small, carrying them around should be no problem.

That's all I can think of for now... :)

G

Gary Hughes

Physical...like to see it.

S

Steve Justice

Once Nintendo shuts down their Switch E-Shop, the only things that will still circulate are the physical copies. On the flip side, if you move and lose your Switch, and decide to pick one up again years later, there is a chance your account on Nintendos servers will still be active and you'll be able to re-download it. Given how P.T. went on the PS4, I wouldn't buy digital for anything you're serious about keeping long term.

F

Frank Morales

Digital = Lazy

T

Tatjana Joiner

I have 2... pshycical

H

Hannah Thomas

Don't waste the space on your switch. It's gonna be huge.

X

Xavier Ricardo Berrío Mejía

The best for digital copies is using getting them with rather multiplayer games as you will be needing them every now and then.

As per single player games such as BotW or Mario Odyssey, you'd better get it physical as once you're done with them they'll only occupy memory

J

James Kettler

Got both

G

Gabriel Vieira Santos

Digital

J

Joey Valk

I'm doing physical to save opn internal storage space. I have a 128GB Micro SDXC, but I prefer to save that for eShop and VC(When it comes out.) games.

J

Jamie Hill

People. Please. Please stop asking this question. I am begging you. Just go read somebodies else’s post about it.

K

Karl Kaytor

physical

D

Dave Ralph

Make your own goddamn decisions.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom