Contact advertising [email protected]

DC's Shazam Movie Starts Production, Director Reveals First On-set Image

News

Staff member
The future of DC cinematic universe continues to be a little uncertain, with only three set release dates for future movies, and
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. Nevertheless, one of those confirmed films--Shazam--has now started shooting.

Director David F Sandberg revealed the start of production on Instagram. While the clapperboard in the image displays a working title of Franklin, we know that
. Plus Sandberg uses Shazam's distinctive lightning bolt symbol as an emoji. Check it out below:

A post shared by
(@ponysmasher) on Jan 29, 2018 at 9:15am PST

. The movie stars
, the kid who becomes a superpowered hero when he utters the word "Shazam!" Levi is no stranger to the superhero genre--he is already part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having played Fandral in Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok.

Sandberg has previously stated that
than other films in the DC movie universe. "The big attraction for me with that character is the fact that every kid dreams of being Superman, right? I mean I certainly did, and [Billy Batson] is a kid that gets that chance," he said. "He gets to become the superhero. So it'll be big with superpowers in a way. In terms of what people can expect, I think this will be one of the more fun or lighthearted movies so far in the DC universe. It certainly will be a departure."

Shazam first appeared in 1939, when he was known by the name Captain Marvel. The character was bought by DC in 1971, when he was renamed, due to Marvel's ownership of the name Captain Marvel. A live action Shazam TV show was broadcast in the mid-70s, while an animated show followed in 1981.

The other DC movies confirmed for release are
and
. Aquaman arrives in November this year, while the Wonder Woman sequel will be released in November 2019.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom