Contact advertising [email protected]

Case - 5 fans setup.. Question.. Normal setup would be: 2 front fans - intake 2 top...

• Thread starter Francis Harvey Rodulfo
  • Start date
F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

Case - 5 fans setup.. Question..

Normal setup would be:
2 front fans - intake
2 top fans - exhaust
1 rear fan - exhaust..

What if:
2 front fans - intake
2 top fans - intake
1 rear fan - exhaust

Is this a good setup or not?

J

Jesse Salo

i would have more intake

T

Tayfun Acar

I think the second method is more preferable if you have a good dust filter. Cases are prone to take much more dust in from top. More air=better environment.

F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

But according to some topics i read, it is better to have more exhaust than intake

M

Micky Bottoms

2nd if you want a ton of dust. I personally tried both and my gpu ran hotter with top front intake by like 5c plus than it did the first way. coy was same either way

D

Drew Leonard

4 intakes 1 exhaust... good luck getting air into that case with so much turbulance and pressure youd be better off unhooking some fans then doing that setup

R

Ryan Bloch

I generally go for neutral or slightly positive. Having too much of negative or positive hurts performance.

R

Ryan Bloch

Well unless you're fully watercooling then it doesn't matter.

F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

i dont prefer water cooling.. Thats why i am experimenting on the best airflow..
Currently, my setup is #1..
Then i added 1 more fan inside near the 1 fan intake in front, to help that intake fan to pull more air inside..

D

Drew Leonard

i like just a hair over neutral. one extra intake or one extra exhaust. personally i do positive pressure but everyone has their own preference. isnt really worth worrying about which one is the best. 1-3c difference in worst to best... maybe lol bitwit just recently did a video with unhooking all his case fans while gaming. only fans were cpu cooler and gpu fans. 10-12c total raise in temps vs all the fans going. do what you like. as long as you have airflow you are golden

A

Adam Cromer

Second method is crap.

A

Adam Cromer

Hot air rises. Why force the only exhaust fan to work overtime by pulling hot exhaust air back into the case.....

A

Adam Cromer

I didn't want to water cool my newest system, as I'm not planning on other 41% overclock, so I went with air.

200mm intake on the front
200mm intake on the side to blow over the 2 gtx1080s
2x200mm exhaust on the top
120mm exhaust on the rear
120mm intake on the bottom

This allows air to follow its natural path and exhaust out and up, away from the intakes.

I can run my system at 4.8ghz with both cards running at 100% and never come close to getting warm even with all fans set to 45%, making it a completely silent system.

L

Luke Boyss

heat rises

G

Giannis Papathanasiou

More intake less dust with a couple more degrees. Less intake a mountain of dust and a couple less degrees!

G

Godwill Belium

u trynna make a jet

A

Alan Mc Enroe

Chances are if u look on Google for your case you'll get a recommend setup for the case,I have a Corsair but am waiting on an nzxt at the moment.both have an equal amount of fan slots but different recommendations for both due to different internal layout

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom