Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Are there any Star Trek fans here? I’ve started pre-production on a Stardew Valley esq...

A

Aaron McKenna

Are there any Star Trek fans here? I’ve started pre-production on a Stardew Valley esq simulation game that will heavily parody Star Trek. It will have story based missions, top down sprite based graphics, action rpg battles, and you will work to rise in rank all the way from Cadet to Admiral exploring many different planets and serving on several ships over your career. I’m wondering if there would be any interest for something like this, and for Trek fans, what aspects of ship operations do you think would be the most engrossing, aside from battles? I’m doing this with the Switch predominantly in mind.

T

Tariq Khan

I would buy this day one bro

J

Jonathan Balofsky

I can help you get coverage if you want

J

Jacob Stafford

I have an android phone with a Data plan.

D

Dale Roach

I'm a trek nerd, just bought a new Phaser lmao

T

Tricia Kay Greenwood

Husband would adore this! It would be a buy one here in this house!

W

William Patrick Henry

i'd play. ship battles, raiding parties, away teams. gathering science. researching new tech (faster warp, stronger shields/weapons) along with personal skill building would all lead to a fun game.

N

Niki Coppola

Sounds fun. Love to play a 55th anniversary game based on the original show or TNG

L

Liam Scott

Seriously I love the sound of this

D

Darren Roberts

I'm in.

L

Luis Maldonado

Kaplah! Probably butchered the spelling, but you get it.

S

Shane Hikes

Heck yeah, I'm down! It's great seeing posts like this because I want to support as many games/developers as I can on Switch!

N

Nayab Warach

I would play. It seems fun

T

Travis Brown

I'd play it!

D

David Jarrett

The word and concept of "Switch" could really play into a Star Trek Switch game: "Switch Trek."

Star Trek has a lot of variety of crew members good at different things all doing different things at the same time, similar to how Stardew has you doing different tasks (gardening, combat, relationship-building). From hand-to-hand combat, to exploring, to crafting, to flying the ship through asteroid fields, to negotiations with alien cultures, "switching" tasks using a planets rather crew of different (yet team & goal minded) characters would make for great gameplay. A Kirk-like character could be fighting a Kahn-like in an action-RPG battle, all while Spock is negotiating on the planet, while Bones is tending to someone with a virus of spores in med bay, etc. You'd have to do it all! It'd be cool to have all the task-switching be timed to a doomsday mechanic like Majora's Mask.
You have to navigate journal tasks to meet with certain alien species/people, mine certain ores, fight off enemies/bosses, fly to different places in spacecraft, and achieve certain tasks by switching between different characters on different parts of a planet before a doomsday planetary event occurs: a countdown to extinction! Include time travel like Majora, too. Switching teams/leaders a la Pikmin 3 comes to mind re: exploration. Just a few thoughts!

Good luck!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom