Contact advertising [email protected]

Anyone in here do programming? Starting my computer science major next week and would...

K

Keyeric Bristol

Anyone in here do programming?
Starting my computer science major next week and would like some tips

C

Chris Sheldon

I've been programming Java for 4 years. But I still don't have any useful tips for beginners. Maybe I'm just bad at explaining things?

Best I have to offer is not to get too upset when your program doesn't work right. Try to take breaks between projects. It helps you refresh your mind and when you get back you'll find it 30x easier to fix the bug.

A

Adnan Alam

Comment on everything

G

George Rudolf Mezzomo

1) Try to write simple code
2) Comment the code
3) Keep your methods, classes, vectors, constants, variables, whatever named in a sensible way

K

Kirill Zubaryev

I'm not a coder, but my advice works for pretty much anything (coding included): keep it as simple as possible. Make comments so you won't forget why you wrote down what you did, etc... The simpler something is, the less likely there's to be an issue/bug, and the faster you (and others) will be able to read the code and modify it when needed.

K

Keyeric Bristol

Do comments mean something i dont understand?

V

Vincent Dedoyard

Been coding for 10+ years, ask away

K

Kurt Barker

I'm starting my computer science degree in March, good luck.

A

Aniel Angel

Working for almost ten years, the most useful thing I learned is that often, simpler, maintainable code is better than clever but complex ones. This is especially true if you're working for a superior with little programming knowledge, and changes their minds about things every few weeks

В

Владимир Манчев

get out while you still can

C

Cynthia Lilly Nox

I have experience in vb and I'm currently learning C# I plan on learning other languages and assembly eventually. So Id say take your time and don't get frustrated if you don't understand something you'll learn it eventually sometimes you may have to have something explained to you in a different way that's why we have the internet. And keep calm when your trying to find a mistake i once had a > sign when I needed a < sign man it took me a while to find it I was so pissed haha when i was calm though I found it. Also comments lots of comments.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom