Contact advertising [email protected]

Anyone have experience with eGPU's for laptops? I have a HP Elitebook with the...

E

Elliot O'Leary

Anyone have experience with eGPU's for laptops? I have a HP Elitebook with the following specs:

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro x64
Processor: Intel Core i7-3520M @ 2.9GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M
Storage: 250GB SSD

I want to use an external GPU to make it more capable for gaming. It's only used for gaming ocassionaly and so I am not interested enough to spend thousands on a gaming pc. What do I need to buy to make it work?

T

Tom Windels

I did the same with an HP DV6 (I don't remember the exact number). You'll (most likely) need a mini PCIe to full size PCI converter + desktop PSU. Connect everything the right way, install drivers and plug your screen's cable in the GPU for optimal performance. Then you should be good to go. I do recommend though checking if your BIOS allows you to use other devices on your mPCIe connection, as I had to flash a customized BIOS for it to work. You will most likely also need a USB WiFi adapter/LAN cable because you'll be replacing your WiFi card if your laptop only has 1 mPCIe port.

K

Karl R Lèggètt

A Laptop with an MXM GPU slot is what you want. A lot have then. Can get a 1080mxm etc etc

J

Jerrymiah Cabungcal

For following. Want to use eGPU for my ROG G750JM too

Y

Yo Ann

This is why you buy a fucking desktop computer to game.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom