Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Any of you guys running a 1080 at 1440p? I'm getting around 90 fps at ultra. Just...

C

Cody Rock

Any of you guys running a 1080 at 1440p? I'm getting around 90 fps at ultra. Just wanted to make sure it's not my system. G-sync monitor.

Bought my 1080 shortly after it came out.. Otherwise I would have gotten the Ti.. Before yall say anything lol.

M

Michael Stitt

Odds are you CPU is throttling you GPU. What CPU are you using?

D

Dalton Smith

90fps is great I'm only getting 40 at low. 20 at ultra

C

Cody Rock

C

Cody Rock

I may turn my settings down. I made the mistake of thinking 90 fps is fine even tho it's a 144hz monitor. Apparently I should lower my setting for 144 fps. Just didn't know if something in my system is throttling or another reason.

N

Nick de Bruyker

Im gonna guess you put it on ultra and never even looked at settings? Resolution scale is most likely on automatic and around 150% putting alot of stress on your gpu, i have a 1080 and old af cpu wich is bottlenecking me and Running on 180fps 1440p also 144hz

C

Cody Rock

You are correct Nick. Put it all on Ultra and just played. Everything seemed fine but everyone is saying I should shoot for 144 fps to use my monitor to its full potential. So here I am.

D

Dylan Cook

I mean if you don't want the 1080, I'll take it xD

D

Dan Hill

Whoever says run everything on Ultra is probably bad at the game, Thats just increasing visual affects. If you want maximum frames which is Key for competetive gaming, run everything on Low, or Off. google Pros Graphic Seettings you'll see. Ive got a 1070 on an i7 and ive never had a problem getting 153 fps

S

Sergio Steven

I have a GTX 1070, I7 7700, 16 GB DDR4, 144hz monitor
My maximum fps in ultra is 240

J

Joseph Milazzo

Running a 1080 at 1440p easy 144fps. I play on custom settings , i7 7700
Why are you guys playing more than your display can handle?

L

Leland R Metzger

I run a 1080ti on everything low except I keep it at 1440p, and run AA. So it's sharp but still can max the 300fps

D

David Gibson

That's low. Must say for setup. 144hz monitor? If so u wanna least get 144fps

D

David Gibson

Yea I get like 250 on med 1440p on a 980ti

I

Ivo Nati Dash

All these cunts bragging about their overpriced computers are getting pretty fucking boring.

C

Cody Rock

Not really bragging. Saying what their specs are to give me an idea of what I should be getting also. Sorry if you're taking it as some personal attack.

I

Ivo Nati Dash

There are too many people complaining about high FPS on high details. It's clearly irrelevant and only done to brag about the hardware their parents bought them because that's the only thing worth mentioning about them.

C

Cody Rock

Most pc players are adults.. And we buy these ourselves.

We spend the money on these systems and expect them to perform to their full capabilities. Having a 144hz monitor without hitting that fps wise is leaving performance on the table. I'm sorry you're a child and get upset when other people can afford nice things.

I

Ivo Nati Dash

I would dare to disagree with that. I'd say most PC gamers are in fact kids. Every child has a computer and plays games all the time. Adults on the other side don't do it nearly as commonly.

C

Cody Rock

Ps4, Xbox, and pc. I can count on one hand the amount of times I heard a kid speak. I'd wager any money that more kids play on console than pc.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom