Contact advertising [email protected]

Any Gradius fans in the house? It's one of the most recognizable SHMUPS of all time....

Z

Zachary Banks

Any Gradius fans in the house? It's one of the most recognizable SHMUPS of all time. One that has been talked about and Let's Played to death it seems. So I figured I'd do something a little different with it this time around. With the NES version of the game.

A friend of mine (Brasel the Gamer) and I both challenged ourselves to beat the game on one life. We both capped our runs, then I put them side by side and we both recorded commentary to go along with it. You can look at it as two musicians playing the same song perhaps...

Lastly, I created overlays based on each stage and had them fade in and out as we progressed through the game. I also scanned the Gradius manual in high rez and "animated it" during our opening commentary. Something a little different I figured.

Lastly, both of these runs were capped on original hardware. Mine on a NES model 2 with RGB and Brasel's on a NES model 1 using composite. I did my best to match the footage as closely as I could and keep the runs in sync with each other so they are always at the same spot during gameplay. Any feedback or suggestions are always welcome!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom