Contact advertising [email protected]

PC A short guide to Reinhardt by your friendly neighborhood Bandrix aka me Charge only...

• Thread starter Justin Lee LeClair
  • Start date
J

Justin Lee LeClair

A short guide to Reinhardt by your friendly neighborhood Bandrix aka me

Charge only in tight spaces. Never charge through a choke point, it's more important to keep your shield up and hold the choke than to charge in and try and get a kill. More often than not you will get picked off and the choke will get taken by the enemy team

Do not charge the second your shield goes down. Instead, retreat and recharge your shield. The only time I ever recklessly charge is when I am completely surrounded and fucked then if there is a ledge I try and take someone important with me off the ledge.

When attacking use your shield as a huge plow and slowly advance forward. Nothing pushes a team back more than an advancing Reinhardt with a full shield. If your team doesn't push with you, you're fucked so be sure to tell them what you're doing and retreat if you feel as if no one is pushing with you.

Use your firestrike liberally

Earthshatter despite the allure is often best served to kill one or two important people rather than stunning as many people as possible. If you can earthshatter a healer or a very good DPS then do it and make sure they die.

When you earthshatter prioritize your kills. Don't go swinging at tanks if there's a healer behind them, just push past them and kill that little shit before they all get up and just start healing the tank you need to hit 5 times to kill.

Don't be afraid to lower your shield early in the game to take some damage for your supports to build ult charge. About 200 damage is what I allow before throwing up my shield and letting them heal me back up.

Also, this is the proper ult combo.

Earthshatter>firestrike >swing/charge. Swing in large groups of people, make use of the cleave. In smaller groups or if you know you'll get a healer charge then swing.

If a Zarya ults do not earthshatter the people caught in the gravaton, Firestrike them and swing like a motherfucker. Then if they all manage to survive eathshatter them and finish the job.

D

Dale Gausden

Sweet guide, im only GOLD but would like to add some things.

You can charge through a choke if you see a pick / opportunity and call out what you are doing. More than likely with a support ult. Many a time I have pinned a bastion turned and shattered en entire team doing this. That being said its definitely a bold move and pays off maybe 50 percent of the time in the right conditions.

BATE hooks/stun grenades/enemy rein ults etc with swings because you can instantly shield up mid swing.

When Genji ults start swinging.
Dont fire strike at a genji he will almost always reflect it.
Dont fire strike a DVA unless there defense matrix is on CD or they are stunned.

L

Leland R Metzger

Firestrike animation cancels your hammer swing too

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom