Contact advertising [email protected]

why is blizzard cracking down and getting so butthurt about the pepe frog? i feel like...

B

Brando Fernandes

why is blizzard cracking down and getting so butthurt about the pepe frog? i feel like im missing something here

F

Fábio Silva

Same,

G

Greg Kocal

Because words do hurt and everyone has fragile feelings

J

Jake Aitken

And why are you getting so butthurt about their decision

B

Brando Fernandes

but its not a word?? its a picture..of a cartoon frog, im not butthurt merely curious, the way blizzard is handling it, it seems kind of personal. just trying to figure out if im missing something or is blizzard slowly turning into nazis

B

Brando Fernandes

so apparently "The Overwatch League discourages the use of symbols and imagery which are associated with or used by hate groups, including Pepe the Frog," an Overwatch League spokesperson told Dot Esports. "At Blizzard Arena, it's our policy that fans comply with this policy. We likewise ask the same of Overwatch League teams and players on their social-media accounts."

J

Jessica Voronin

Wasn't it not something like this happen in the ig highlight app too as well snapchat. The gif... It was something racist? I just wonder what could have been SOOOO bad??

B

Brando Fernandes

since when did pepe become racist?? it seems like all blizzard cares for is their public value im sure theres some hoops to jump through being MLG but cmon your gaming just be about the games. feels bad man

F

Forrest Julian Wahl

tbf the swastika wasnt a nazi symbol until ww2, though i feel like blizzard should do a more case by case basis when it comes to the frog

B

Brando Fernandes

seriously you might as well fine your players thousands of dollars for playing tracer, whom some neckbeard that doesnt even play OW, drew naked and it offends someones mom

D

Daniel Marsh

It’s a god Damn frog what is wrong with these people

H

Hannah A Barton

I'm assuming because the majority of uses of Pepe the Frog have been, and continue to be, non-bigoted. However, it was inevitable that, as the meme proliferated in on-line venues such as 4chan, 8chan, and Reddit, which have many users who delight in creating racist memes and imagery, a subset of Pepe memes would come into existence that centered on racist, anti-Semitic or other bigoted themes.

But I don't see why they don't make it case basis like Forrest said. Stupid.

S

Steven Hendrickson

You can be fired from your job where I live for posting Pepe too

A

Aaron Cooper

Cause frogs are gross creatures.

T

Twila Schell

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

D

Demetrius Coleman

No fun allowed.

B

Brando Fernandes

pepe fell into the wrong crowd got rehabilatated but still cant catch a break. Feels bad man lol

A

Andy Scruggs

U r missing something it’s called useless PC culture

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom