J

James Shields

Why do people create Smurf accounts? Genuinely curious

J

Jagger Mouser

What system?

J

John Brandner

I made one to play with my kids accounts. Other than that i personally don't really see a reason.

S

Shamir Taylor

to play with friends in ranked?

M

Morgan Duty

I only have one account. But a few of my clan mates said they noticed a huge difference when it comes to getting placed in SR

M

Michael Alan Duncan

To play with friends or to get away from their bad record from when they were noobs and Climb higher faster.

R

Romina Qrnt

If you play for a lot of seasons you dont experience much difference anymore. The placement with a smurf will be kind of different

T

Tunveer Hisham

Some people might want to practice certain heros which they cant at their level, like a grandmaster/master mercy one trick cant play anything else or else they get stomped on, another reason could be that they are "stuck" in a rank so they use a smurf to climb higher
Or
They want to bully low elo players

M

Matthew LaFond

I did cuz of comp. If you play you main account past seasons factor in. So if you make a "smurf" account and you do well in placements fo comp for your starter season. You're more likely to be placed higher

L

Louie Smithen

Because they are too unskilled to play with people their level

N

Nyah Beck

I don’t call it my smurf cause lul support main. But I play on my alt to practice new heroes in a lower rank. Until they “fix” QP this is the easier thing to do because you can coordinate with a actual team that “tries” to win.

It kinda sounds toxic but even on my main for a long time I’d play a variety of heroes till I just stuck with support I still try to win and I’m not trying to troll either. It’s also a good detilt from comp on my main. I feel like I can get away with a lot for free because it’s a lower tier which is fun instead of always having to trihard7 you know

J

Justin Goulais

To play with friends who aren't able to or interested in climbing the ladder game awareness and mechanical skill wise.

And to test off-meta theories to see if they have a net positive value at all before integrating them into scrims and matches.

That's what I used smurfs for.

E

Eema Komulainen

Did it to figure out my SR one-tricking as my main.

S

Simon Nilsson

I made one so i can play with a friend who hasnt played as much

A

Aaron Icardi

Smurfing isn't a problem if ppl actually play at their level. I just hate those Bronze to GM marathons ppl do like ok dude we fucking get it you're not boosted but it's pointless and you're ruining the ranked experience for hundred of players on your way to GM.

T

Tyler Mielenz

Most people SAY they make them to play with friends in lower SR, but really it's to just totally annihilate noobs to make them feel better. Lol

J

Jorge En

I created my smurf sl i could play in na with my brother i originally have an account on Lan

C

Christopher Thompson

I have one to practice heroes I'm bad with in a competitive environment (QP doesn't offer that) so that I'm not throwing games on my real account because I can't play said heroes at a Master/GM level.

R

Ribal Mortada

to play with friends

B

Brandon Schramm

It's been mentioned before but learning heroes you don't normally play is one for sure. Like you might be able to play tanks at a master level but if you want to play support or DPS you probably can't run them at a master level.

Making a Smurf let's you play competitively in those roles at your skill level for those roles. That way you're not getting flamed by teammates for trying something new that your not as familiar with, and you're not dragging down your teammates by underperforming for your actual skill level. Where as if you place Plat on your Smurf where you primarily play DPS as a support main normally in masters, you know you're performing DPS at a level that is consistent with plat players so you don't ruin their matches.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom