Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch When Super Smash Brothers eventually comes to Switch, does anyone know how Gamecube...

J

John Dorsey

When Super Smash Brothers eventually comes to Switch, does anyone know how Gamecube controllers might be used? They did that for the Wii U, but I don't see any available ports on the Switch, at least not when it's docked. If I have to buy 4 wireless Gamecube controllers, that's going to be pretty expensive.

J

Jason James Grubb

There is an adapter for the Wii U that reportedly works

A

Adrian González

Wasn't the Wii U version used via USB? If so, I would just assume via the USB on the dock.

T

Travis Hamm

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

If they release smash brothers and not this at the same time Nintendo's doing it wrong

J

Justin Watt

I think that this will be the generation that they abandon the GameCube controller as the official "smash controller."

J

Joshua O'Brien

My guess is when it's in dock mode, you can use them. If you use tablet mode, your basic joy con, pro controller, or blue tooth controllers would work

B

Brian Voelpel

Dude... we need to move on from gamecube controllers. They're not even that good. It's just that the n64 controller, wiimote, and wiiu pad all sucked for fighting games, so the gamecube controller looked good by comparison.

N

Niki Coppola

They could make an adapter with Gamecube ports that plugs/connencts to the Joycons or the Switch.

B

Benjamin Sullivan

They Switch has its own controllers, why wouldn't they just make it work with the joycon and pro controllers?

S

Spencer Miller

I think they will abandon GameCube controllers. Only way I can see them doing it is if they made wireless GameCube controllers or they can figure out a way to put some sort of adapter into the switch itself for portable play which I don't see them doing. But I think the pro controller will work great for smash, same with the joycon in the grip. I think they should just let it be and move on.

Z

Zach Lewis

If Nintendo does make GameCube controllers for the Switch, they need to do the following.
1. Make them Wireless
2. Make them compatible with other games if possible. Why didn't Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD be GameCube controller compatible? The originals were on the GameCube.

D

Daniel Garcia

Quit complaining, you know you'll pay out for Nintendo.

J

Joshua Bermejo

I do hope they'll let the GameCube controllers to be used for the Smash Switch. Wireless would still be an issue in big Smash tournaments.

S

Stephen Beyer

They will be used for Virtual Console and it will be amazing.

P

Patrick Lewis Jr.

I guess they would have to make a GameCube adapter Switch edition.

N

Nathan Allcock

Usb on side of the dock works with the gamecube adapter.
However hopefully ninty will release a usb to usb c adapter for on the go

J

John Colon

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

T

Thomas Boye

People need to get over the GameCube controller even tho it's a good one, the pro controller will do just fine.

I

Isimi Kehinde

If I remember correctly,the GameCube controller extension was USB, I think it would be logical you'd used the usb on the switch for the extension

J

John Wade

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom