Contact advertising [email protected]

We talked about this a while back and I got to thinking about it again. For those who...

K

Kevin Jackson

We talked about this a while back and I got to thinking about it again. For those who don't have heroes from their respective countries, what ideas do you have for a new hero to represent your home?

I thought of some from different nations that I actually wanna draw one of these days, like a Highlander-type DPS swordsman from Scotland, or a luchadore-type DPS brawler from Mexico, or a tribal-type Tank Samoan.

I'm actually gonna draw these soon, but what do y'all think? Y'all got any ideas?

S

Sebastien Roy

I thought Mei was Canadian for the longest time.

G

Giancarlo Paniccia

Because Canada is so multicultural, I don’t really feel all that left out. Honestly any of the heroes could be Canadian.

I

Iain Johnston

I'm From Northern Ireland. We could have someone in a Balaclava with a baseball bat with nails and a gun their ult could be putting a bomb under the payload or kneecapping the enemy team for selling drugs

K

Kevin Jackson

If they made a Scandanavian hero, would they go off the Norse background and design him/her after Norse mythology? Like Thor or Odin? I'd rock a Thor-type character in Overwatch.

C

Camren Matthew Kirkland

Darn

There's many options for NZ
You can either go pakeha (white) or Maori

I'm guessing for the pakeha she could he based around buildings/gadgets (muh kiwi ingenuity) like torbjorn so could have
So would be support, mainly focused in the pre-fight and keeping the right going
Primary Fire: some hitscan that fires scrap like roadhog
Ability 1 - mini spy drone: place it down and once an enemy steps near it it'll latch onto them, doing some damage and making their position and health known to your team for a few seconds
Ability 2 - healing station: kinda like soldiers biotic field, although teammates will heal through health beams (like Mercy's Caduceus staff and basically be like the dispenser from tf2) but only standard health, heroes with armour will have to walk up and press to reload key to receive armour
Ability 3 - attack drone: basically a moving mini turret, can be user controlled or left to AI control
Passive: speed boost when moving toward friendlies that are under 70% hp
Ult - Kiwi call: orbital bombardment that can either do a lot of damage in a small area or some damage over a large area

For the Maori route, I'm guessing he'd be a tank/dps, although he wouldn't have a tribal appearance, I'm imagining a big Maori guy in modern clothing but infused with Maori traditional art, and he'd obviously speak Te reō Maori and be the friend of the support character I wrote before
Obviously would he tank, focused in area control/stun in close range
Primary fire: melee with some range
Ability one - Fly-half: place down a tee and a rugby ball, aim, and kick a rugby ball into an enemy, stunning them for a few seconds
Ability two - scrum: kinda like Brigitte's dash, he can run/leap toward an opponent and stun them
Passive: reduced damage for a few seconds after stunning an opponent
Ult - tackle: like reins charge but it has a shorter range, takes very little damage and he creates a powerful blast after he tackles an enemy, killing them and damaging/killing enemies in close proximity

New Zealand biculturalism ftw

K

Kevin Jackson

Just had a thought about the Samoan hero:

Ult - Siva Tau: The hero begins to perform the Samoan War Dance, designed to psyche up the team and strike intimidating fear into their opponents. While the dance is being performed, teammates near you gain a buff in attack and defense for the duration of the Siva Tau. (NOTE: not necessarily as much a buff as Ana's ult or Symmetra's ult respectively, but a healthy balance of both to all teammates around you)

It's along the lines of Tank/Support role for the team :)

B

Brandon Larren

I want another Japanese ninja

V

Vanessa Salgado

I would LOVE a luchadore-type dps from Mexico. That would be amazing.

R

Ryley Somers

Canadian jumberjack

A

Anthony Santiago

Hmmmm maybe a Swedish Viking type tank would be sick or he could be a more battle type attack hero kinda like Doom Fist. What you think Vanessa Salgado

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom