Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Was gonna upgrade to the Xbox One X till I found out that Destiny 2 is being capped at...

J

Jonathan Cowger

Was gonna upgrade to the Xbox One X till I found out that Destiny 2 is being capped at 30 fps. I. WAS. TICKED.

So that gave me enough motivation to make the switch to PC and build it myself.

Here's what I'm getting. Thoughts, concerns, and advice would be appreciated.

L

Leonardo Cassins

I'd recommend a 500gb ssd instead that shits gonna fill FAST. Also, you can get the windows 10 trial for free forever so no need to buy it

G

Garrick Ngai

couple things

1. what resolution and settings are you thinking about?
2. I would find a slightly larger SSD, i feel that 240gb isn't alot, maybe spring for a 500
3. I'm sure you're in the planning stages right now, but I'd wait till the announce the minimum requirements before purchasing.
4. also think about picking up a data drive maybe 1 or 2 TB

R

Rojon Ford

1. you don't need a K series CPU sku for gaming it's completely unnessesary unless you plan to content create or whatever. Most games don't need all that CPU power.
2. be warry of tall CPU coolers, they can often block your DM slots and thus you can't install your RAM. Probably smart to go with LPX Ram OR go with a small factor cooler, Nocturna makes good ones.
3. I'd say a safe bet PSU for a good upgrade path is 750W. Good for now, but you'll want a full modular 750W pSU when it comes time to upgrade your card.
4. Get a bigger capacity SSD.
5. if you are willing to sell out that much for a KB get a better kb qaulity. but thats personal preference so you dont have to listen to that.
6. Keep in mind what resolution monitor/ display you're intending to play on. Granted I truely believe D2 is going to be optimized well as shit you'll want to keep that in mind. if you're shooting for 1080p at 60fps barring there arent a lot of things you'll have to render you shoul dbe ok, at high/ possibly ultra settings. Destiny's particle physics are going to be fucking Gorgeous on pc, but insane as they always are.
7. That's a decent case, i did a buid with that exact model for my father in law christmas last year, but cable management in it is absolute trash. Check out the Corsair Air series. I always love dual chamber.
8. pro tip I personally use. I put all my executables and programs on my SSD and install all of my games on an HDD. 2-3TB is a good capacity.

As a planning phase this is pretty damn good.

A

Alex Coulter

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Go with a Fractal Define Nano S (not the one in the pc part picker link, that is just placeholder)

Also it is 100% legal to download Windows 10 to USB and install to SSD through Microsoft and buy a 10 CD key on G2A or something cheaper.

Z

Zack Bishop

It all looks legit, good job.

R

Ryan Wisecup

id get an AIO cooler. then u wont have any issue with ram not fitting

R

Ryan Wisecup

i would also try to get somthing higher then that 1060 if your able. save awhile if u have to.

H

Hector Javier Flores Jr.

I'd go for Ryzen 1600 same price, two more cores eight more threads. Destiny 2 is going to be able to use all cores, Bungie confirmed.

P

Paul Grathwohl Jr.

don't try and save money with the power supply, get a good one

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom