Contact advertising [email protected]

Was going to buy a 1151 mobo in the new year but just been offered a 1150. What...

P

Phil Aughton

Was going to buy a 1151 mobo in the new year but just been offered a 1150.

What benefits does the 1151 socket have over the 1150?

P

Phil Aughton

Asus Rebublic of gamers Maximus ranger VII + i7 4790

L

Lemy Jenkins

Better cpus...if it's a z97 board, you can get a devil i7 4790k on it, or the I5 4690k...great for over clocking....

B

Blake Dalenko

What's he wanting for the bundle?

P

Phil Aughton

Still making his mind up lol, Whats it worth £?

R

Robert James Wharton

Is it a 4790k or a locked 4790? If it's the k CPU, I'd go for it if the price is right. Not sure what it would be worth in quid but in USD that's easily worth a good $300-$350

P

Phil Aughton

R

Robert James Wharton

That answers the question. If the price is right, go for it. The only real difference between Haswell and Skylake/Kaby Lake is motherboard features, slightly better minimum framerates for the latter and a bit more OC ceiling for Kaby CPUs. IPC and overall gaming performance are nearly identical. You might notice a difference in workstation tasks though due to DDR3 vs DDR4 RAM.

P

Phil Aughton

All interesting stuff, Moved away from Intel years from a dual core 3.0 to a Gigabyte 990FX with FX 8350 which still does everything I require. Also has 16gb 2400 ram and 1060 6gb.

D

Daniel Pickering

Just had a 4790k delivered today, installed and clocked to 4.6GHz, running sweet. Much better than my 4670k :)

D

Daniel Pickering

How much are you paying for the MoBo and CPU?

P

Phil Aughton

No idea at this point

P

Phil Aughton

He originally asked for £200 for the CPU and £80 for An Asus board but not sire if thats for the Asus 1150

D

Daniel Pickering

ASUS Maximus VII Ranger is socket 1150

C

Chris Park

Not sure what the market price is in UK, but I wouldn't even pay that in USD. I'd haggle for mid 200s max. Keep in mind that is 4 generations old now with no warranty. And it's used.

P

Phil Aughton

What temp should it run at, its been used with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 4 Heatpipes/1x120mm Fan CPU Air Cooler

D

Daniel Pickering

212 EVO is a great air cooler, if you ran it stock and had 2 good fans in push/pull it should run pretty cool. I'm clocked to 4.6GHz gaming in 1440p 144hz with H100i and hit around 55c, stock I hit around 50c

D

Daniel Pickering

I'd like to say low to mid 60's on air if kept at stock speed

R

Robert James Wharton

Would recommend some Prolimatech PK-3 or Arctic MX-4 for paste, just a suggestion

P

Phil Aughton

He had twin fans, but tested 4k gaming at it ran too hot

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom