Contact advertising [email protected]

Upgrading from i7 3770 non k Already own a Gtx 1080ti PC used only for gaming...

H

Henry Combrinck

Upgrading from i7 3770 non k
Already own a Gtx 1080ti
PC used only for gaming @3440×1440p
Obviously need something future proof and yes the 3770 is bottlenecking the 1080ti. Based on prices here in South Africa which one would you recommend for future AAA titles:

D

Daniel Towill

How soon do you need it. I'd say wait for Coffee Lake. If not R7 1700 with a good cooler OC'd.

R

Raphael Swain

So buy a cpu and oc it to game, how the flip does that make sense Lokl funny shit

R

Raphael Swain

Everyone knows, currently the 6700k and 7700k is the best for gaming... If you can't wait till coffee then go for either... These cpus will perform for what you intend it too for a longtime coming bru

R

Raphael Swain

Oh and you don't need to oc

B

Braydon Tiffany

7700K unless you can find a 6700K for much cheaper.

R

Raphael Swain

In the last 5 years I've gone from core 2 qaud to i7s and haven't seen any significant changes in core requirements for games...

C

Christopher Sullivan

If you only do gaming and nothing else then the 7700k will give you a few fps more than the others but if you do more than game i would go with the 1700. I personally own both thats just my opinion

D

Durvelle Greene

Ryzen 1700

K

Karl Marsh

Although the 7700k is an awesome gaming chip when I rebuild I'll de going at least 6 cores like the 7800x

J

Jim Sweigart

The 3770 is bottlenecking the 1080ti at 1440p? Uhm.... no?

J

Jim Sweigart

J

Jim Sweigart

Hell, a i7-2600k isn't bottlenecked by a 1080ti... lol

H

Henry Combrinck

Ive read up and watched soooo many videos about this bottleneck and eventually decide to test it myself. I dont find the bottleneck when i run the game benchmarks via the options but get them when I actually play the games. Took numerous games down to lowest settings at 1440p and 1080p. Lowering these settings does get me better framerates but the busy areas like towns etc still utilizes the cpu more than the gpu. Still say it is game dependant and it might also be bad optimization especially when it comes to GR wildlands. Games not so CPU intensive runs butter smooth. Getting 140 fps with JC3 and FC primal at 110fps.

G

Gavin Samson

Game optimisation and bottlenecking are not the same thing.
Your cpu is not bottlenecking the gpu

G

Gavin Samson

The 1080ti hits 99% even with an i3

H

Henry Combrinck

Game dependant...

G

Gavin Samson

Yeah that's not the same thing

H

Henry Combrinck

Have a friend. Same GPU but runs 6700k. Het gets at least 15 to 20% better perforamance with the same games at the same settings.
Oh and btw. I asked for a vote between amd or intel...

K

Karl Marsh

I'm running a 6700k with 1080ti founders at 3440/1440 100 hz.
Gpu is always at 99%. Cpu stays between 40-65 depending on the game.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom