Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch ***UPDATE*** Okay, I didn't ask for advice on power banks. I appreciate that it's...

A

Anna Schutt

***UPDATE***
Okay, I didn't ask for advice on power banks. I appreciate that it's probably more cost effective and less "chic" or whatever, but I WANT the disposable battery option because I like that in an emergency situation, with a prolonged power outrage, etc I can replace the battery when I don't have access to power. I'm not going to be using this much. Just in an emergency situation, like I said. It's just a fun project for me to do. What I wanna know is IF it can be done, not if I should do it. Thanks
This may end up being a fruitless project, but maybe someone can help me out. You know those Altoids 9V iPhone chargers you can make? Is it possible to modify something like this to support charging the Switch on the go? Possibly hook up two 9V batteries to get an output of 18V? Then use an iPad USB car charger adapter to hook up to the cable?

R

Rudy Ramirez

I'm pretty sure it's just a battery pack someone put in the Altoids case and cut a hole. Just get a power bank charger that would fit that case. A popular brand is Mophie. But you can buy cheap ones on Amazon

N

Naing Cho

Fire city

A

Alexandr Garlock

$20 for a battery pack. Heck a pack of 9v will cost you $10 these days, Altoids $3, wires $3-5. Not low cost.

A

Alexandr Garlock

The one I got is out of stock but was only $22 with USB c port...

P

Peach E. Queen

I got a rechargeable power bank for $10

J

Jessica Fitzpatrick

Sounds expensive, since you'll have to replace the 9v a lot

M

Michael Alexander Caddick

If that picture of the inside of the tin is anything to go by you'd be in for a lot of pain.
I just use an Anker 20000mAh bank that can recharge my switch 4 times, don't waste your time doing the altoids thing.

J

Jessica Fitzpatrick

Don't get me wrong, it's very chic, but not practical. Maybe make a version where it will last and be worth the effort?

D

Don Davis

You gonna wreck yer switch doin all that

A

Anna Schutt

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, but none of these answers is what I'm looking for. I updated the post to reflect my viewpoint on WHY I'm doing this vs getting a power bank.

J

Jessica Fitzpatrick

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

F

Frankie Fonseca

I appreciate the engineering behind it though lol. Many props

M

Marc Re Percussion

Great idea :) ideal for camping long trips

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom