Contact advertising [email protected]

Sorry if this is a repost but how does ranking work? I rarely play competitive but...

S

Samuel Shaw

Sorry if this is a repost but how does ranking work?

I rarely play competitive but have been up to diamond before.

I'm now down to silver!? I find competitive mode unplayable at silver!? I feel like I carry half the time the team (I'm the only one that will switch characters, on the objective, wait for others, get the kills, heal etc, etc whilst the others all run off in different directions) yet still manages to lose. I have time to grind up the ranks but usually get a team that's braindead or full of 8 year olds screaming into their mikes, and it ruins the experience and puts paid to any progression.

So, what affects your SR? Clearly, losing games causes me to lose SR as I've found out too many times. Winning games, on the other hand, give me SR but this doesn't happen very often. I've read that being on fire doesn't affect SR. Surely it can't just be whether the team wins or loses?? I'm sorry but that's just B.S. if it is.

S

Savannah Dey Carden

Just curious what platform you're on

M

Miia Hatunen

Following since i'm pretty curious too. I've read in Overwatch home page that it's based on team performance, but i'm not quite sure of what it means. My team only lose SR after a loss and gain only after a win. Before you could still get sr after a loss if you were helping your team, now i don't get it.

D

Derick Elkin

you cant carry if u still lose

K

Kevin Kjørmo

u aint carrying enough if u play at silver and feel that u are carrying. I helped a friend, and have a winrate at 97% from 1500sr - 2403. So if u think u carry the game and still dont get higher, u aint doing it right ;) (Im master player)

S

Samuel Shaw

Believe me, I've carried. Like I say, I've gotten to platinum but slipped to gold last season and now silver after these placement matches. I've also been trying to "git gud" with some other characters e.g. Moira and Sombra. I guess I just need a decent team. My mates rarely play now.
I want to know what affects SR...

A

Aleksandr Deaganoid

now they changed it a bit. Until diamond rank, players will gain or lose SR based on individual performance. But diamond and higher will lose or gain SR based on team performance

K

Kitt Lee

Got placed in silver from gold... That's harsh.

A

Angel Nouget

Even the devs don't know how ranking works

K

Kaan Bilge

As far as I know you gain 20 sr for a win and lose 15 when you lose. These numbers are tweaked depending on performance, like if you didn't do well you gain less or lose more, or if you performed good you gain more and lose less. This is how it works up to Diamond. After that rank only wins and losses count instead of personal stats

A

Ammy Smith

Lost 500 sr in 2 days from really really bad people and instant lock snipers lol XD I just tank or heal preying it works... it doesn't now I'm in gold again

L

Lin Galini

I decided to stop playing comp this season. Started with 23 points for golden guns and reached 1000 in 4 days with constant loses! And still in bronze...

D

David Thomas Cupp

So I have a potentially silly question and no I didn't read the comments for anyone who may have already answered this.

So like, I noticed top 500 is regional. What defines a region?

Also, what if, for some ungodly reason, there were not even 500 people with enough SR to pass Grand Master?

Do the top 500 people get that emblem if by some insane means they, as well as the entire region, don't have 500 people passed 5000 SR?

S

Stephanie Nicole

H

Ha Nguyen

If I rmb correctly, under 3k, your gain or loss SR is based on your individual performance in the match. If you perform well (better than your team), you’ll likely gain more if win or lose less SR when lose.

M

Matt Constant

It's broken. Gotta win 5 to make up for 1loss.

E

Eyad M Ejeilat

Placement on skill Sr winning losing

K

Kristopher Cheney

I solo'd from silver to Masters (3750) as a lucio (and I mean pretty much fully lucio) main. It's difficult, people can fucking suck, but it's not impossible

M

Mark Mcdowall

Silvers have decent teamwork just depends on the heroes

K

Kim Hughes

Play sym or torb

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom