Contact advertising [email protected]

SOLVED! Changed out my 6 year old Silverstone Strider 750 with a CX750M I had laying...

C

Chris Krug

SOLVED! Changed out my 6 year old Silverstone Strider 750 with a CX750M I had laying around and it's good! EVGA customer support is unparalleled. They told me exactly what to look for.

wtf.... my EVGA 1080 FTW! In the middle of a game the screen goes black and the fans go to full speed. I can still hear the sound but I have to reboot before I can see the screen again.....

M

Matt Magill

it overheated and the drivers did their job...protected your GPU from dying... i would underclock it or take the side cover off...

B

Ben Stopp

Definitely overheating

C

Chad Minshew

Are you using msi afterburner and using osd to keep an eye out on your temps while gaming i bet not well you need to be and try it and report back with your temps and set up and fan curve for your card too

M

Matt Magill

fan curves are great when its summer for sure... reminds me i need to make one for mine...

C

Chad Minshew

Hey your welcome bwahahhahahahha

C

Chad Minshew

Lol

K

Kyle Pacheco

That card from evga was known for having an overheating issue that's why they came out with a ftw 2 version of it.

C

Chad Minshew

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

C

Chad Minshew

Update the cards bios if you havent already and that may fix your issues

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

if you have warranty just rma it and ask for a crossshipment. They allow that most of the time.

A

Austin Nichols

When i had this card it did this. Mine was OC issue. Dial it back worked for me.

C

Chris Krug

I updated the drivers, the bios was the latest. I watched the temps and it barely got to 45c before it crashed. The memory was clocking up to 5005 and the core was clocking to 1721

C

Chris Krug

SOLVED! Changed out my 6 year old Silverstone Strider 750 with a CX750M I had laying around and it's good! EVGA customer support is unparalleled. They told me exactly what to look for.

A

Adel Yasser

This actually used to happen to me when the 2 pins in 6+2 couldn't be inserted fully in its place, solved when the other 6+2 turned out to have a closer 2 pin
I guess gpus are programmed for problems in some sort of emergency mode as it stops displaying and pumps up the fan all the way to the top doing its best to prevent the gpu to becoming a ball of fire (assuming it gets excessive power)

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom