Contact advertising [email protected]

Soapbox: Should I Wait For Switch 'Pro' Or Is The 'New' Switch SKU Worth An Upgrade?

News

Staff member
Robbery and battery.

The
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
is taking Nintendo’s hybrid console concept, dumping the ‘hybrid’ bit and going full ‘PlayStation Vita’. Leaving aside the fact that you should never go full PlayStation Vita (can we expect Nintendo to swiftly pull all support, disown the console and leave it to third parties to fill it with saucy visual novels?), the announcement was met with enthusiasm from many, although it’s personally not for me and introduces enough caveats to dissuade me from an impulse purchase. The bezel’s a bit too thick, the colours too conservative, not to mention the fact that it doesn’t ‘Switch’ anymore.

Switch Lite simply sacrifices too much of what I love about the Switch. The current screen size feels perfect already, and while the console isn’t pocket-sized, you wouldn’t catch me throwing it in with my keys and loose change anyway. Add to that the fear that those analogue sticks
and it’s an easy pass (unless that
became official – then I’d have to reevaluate). For now, the original SKU is still the one for me.

Read the

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom