Contact advertising [email protected]

So if I’m doing a custom loop to cool cpu and gpu do I need to have separate rads...

D

Dylan Shane

So if I’m doing a custom loop to cool cpu and gpu do I need to have separate rads pumps and reservoirs for the cpu and gpu or would a single pump, reservoir and a 360mm rad be enough to cool both?

A

Anthony McCauley

Single res / pump is fine, and one 360 rad is fine as well.

I'd only do a 360 and 240 rad if you're getting the thinner rads.

E

Eddie O Driscoll

It's entirely optional.
You can have a single loop or you can have a dedicated loop for each. If it were 2 cards in crossfire or sli then it might be more practical for a dedicated loop but if you are only using 1 GPU then the difference between the single or dedicated wpuld be minimal.

T

Timothy Johnson

Standard "rule" of 120x120mm of rad space per component, 240x120mm if you're going to overclock, thickness plays less of a role in getting temps down than the surface area. As for dual loops vs single, dual is generally more of an aesthetic choice, though some people like the ability to independently control the loops or they really want to minimise the temps of certain component/s. Any well thought out single loop with the right amount of rad space will cool a heavily OCd dual GPU + CPU + mobo VRMs setup quite easily.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom