Contact advertising [email protected]

So..all the nerfs to Mercy have been...interesting. I've been away from the game for a...

• Thread starter Jessica Lancaster Anderson
  • Start date
J

Jessica Lancaster Anderson

So..all the nerfs to Mercy have been...interesting. I've been away from the game for a little over a month and came back knowing what had happened to her and expecting the worst in my gameplay. Getting right back in though I didn't feel like I did too bad considering it had been so long. I feel like one of the main reasons why I'm not completely hating what has happened is because I'm just happy to be back (oh and because I knew my first couple days back would be like relearning her). Has anyone else left the game for a period of time, come back to major nerfs, and not had too hard of a time adjusting?

B

Ben Suskic

Did the same. Reached masters halfway thru season 6, played 10 games dropped back into diamond. I stopped playing after that. I mostly play tanks but Ill flex to heals and have the most time on lucio. I just got tired of playing healer all the time, the mercy nerfs feel pretty good imo. I had 40 hrs on mercy 2.0 and the game was fun at first until it turned into wjo has the better mercy, win. Still is sorta like that but toned down

C

Chris Joseph

Honestly the mercy nerfs feel really good to me. I don't feel like I'm cheating when I play her

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Yeah, new Mercy feels pretty fair, and by a 19:1 hour ratio of Mercy:any-other-character, I'm a Mercy main. (in competitive at least. In unranked it's less drastic). Most of the time it forces me to play positionally, or actually good players would have killed me anyway. And plus, outside of Bronze where things can be a bit spurious, most tanks you can communicate with to hold up a barrier to go for the rez, bubble you, something to that effect. Mercy's always been a character that invokes communication, so having a change that heightens that more just makes sense.

J

Jessica Lancaster Anderson

I know a lot of people don't like the nerfs. I honestly don't mind them. I'm a Mercy main no doubt. I have over 200 hours on her. That's my girl and I'm going to stick with her no matter what. I was telling part of my teams today, it doesn't matter what they do to her I will find some way to adapt. I just had some of them tell me it seemed like I didn't need much adjustment time and I do think it was because of my break. I know the delay on her rez sucks, but damn I can move around when I do it!! I squealed when I realized it. My team knows I'm going to go healer so there's never any sticking someone with it who doesn't want to play one. After that it's just finding some decent tanks to help lol
BUUUT..when I get a chance to play Pharah I jump at it. With Moira being in now I'm wondering if I'll get the chance more often

A

Andrew Davis

Yeah the Mercy Nerf (barely a nerf since it's still really quick) is a nice way to balance her without breaking her.

You just have to be a bit more aware and aren't as likely to be rezzing behind enemy lines or in the line of fire.

M

Mihnea Gogu

She's still too good. Still the fuckin meta

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom