Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Ryan E. is right The Switch community should be responsible for the future of the...

J

Jimmy McKee

Ryan E. is right
The Switch community should be responsible for the future of the system
True, It'll a rocky road because of the Wii U but think of it this way
By investing in games for the Switch (even if the games are in decent or playable quality), We could see greatness down the road
Patience is a virtue in this journey
Importing is also beneficial for the Switch library whether for exclusives like Plantera DX, Spelunker and Taiko no Tatsujin or if impatient for US release like Monster Hunter XX and Fire Emblem Warriors

While risky, It can be fun if we broaden our horizons beyond what we could enjoy

While i can understand the worrying - We need to stand up and make sure the Switch has a bright future ahead

J

Jessica Johnson

Supporting games that are already out is a big start.

R

Ryne Santos

That whole Little Red Hen story? This is almost like that.

"Not I." said the fairweather gamer.
"Not I." said the guy that doesn't like Indies.
"Not I." said the Framerate and resolution guy

Then they, and everyone else, didn't get to have any third party pie at all.

J

Joshua W Burgener

I have gotten Arms, I am getting almost everything that is coming out besides splatoon, not my bag. I totally agree and support this system 100%

A

Adrian Martinez

I agree im getting what I can to support third parties on switch.

S

Spencer Miller

This is a horrible argument. Saying buy games you don't want or would play would help yes but that's just a huge waste of money. It's better to buy what you want so Nintendo knows what we want. I'm buying one game a month on the switch already though. I can't afford to buy games I don't want or wouldn't play.

J

Jimmy Barton

The fans shouldn't be the ones having to spend their money to get 3rd party games on a Nintendo system.

We don't owe Nintendo anything they're a company who don't care about us they just want our money and make the shareholders happy.

C

Chad Laparra

All that does is tell them the games they are making are good enough and that's what people want. You vote with your purchase power, If they want to make money they'll make good games that will sell. Buying into garbage hoping they're finally going to give you what you want is exactly why quality constantly goes down while cost and quantity go up.

I

Ike Michaelberg

That is less true now than it used to be. Before steam and digital distribution developers depended on publishers to make the business decisions which resulted in some hard number decisions, so the larger the sales the more likely games would appear on a platform. Now a bulk of games are made with little to no publisher support. Developers are artists and programmers, not economists and financial advisors. Some have a fair amount of logic, but some not so much. When you consider the install base of Steam, the annoying extra work optimizing for different PC builds, the number of games on Steam to compete with, the poor search engine, and the ridiculous user review system you would think that Steam would be the last supported digital distribution platform, but it is the most supported by developers. Pocket Rumble by Cardboard Robot has missed it's Switch release date, but they are still updating their Steam version even though their Switch sales are almost guaranteed to have more volume. Even publicly traded companies like Capcom seem to ignore basic logic when deciding where to focus their growth. Don't just buy to support. Look for companies that support Nintendo (Ubi, Vblank, Shin'en) and support them first.

J

Joshua W Burgener

Getting Mario+Rabbids kingdom battle because that just looks amazing.

B

Brent Davis

We do have plenty of great games coming for the switch best launch in video game history I believe.

S

Steve Stvo Jay

My GF bought Switch, we so far have Zelda, Puyo Puyo-Tetris (I really love this one!), and Mario Kart 8. So far so good!

To help encourage third parties to make more games I may try to buy Sonic Mania and potentially Forces for Switch instead of my PS4 as well as similar titles just to encourage third parties to support it. Their may be some exceptions if the game looks significantly better on PS4, but games like that on Switch should be supported by the fans.

Also, definitely can't wait enough for Mario Odyssey

R

Ryan Eugene

Oh I didn't even realize I was referenced. I should clarify, I don't intend to and I don't think people should buy games they don't want to play. Fortunately that isn't very difficult as there are numerous third party games and ports I Want to buy, such as Rime which I don't mind waiting for.

T

Trevor Robison

Hell yeah, I'm all in on the Switch

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom