Contact advertising [email protected]

Rig for video editing. Build 1 or 2? I'm not waiting for Ryzen/threadripper and I'm...

D

Daniel Taylor

Rig for video editing.

Build 1 or 2?

I'm not waiting for Ryzen/threadripper and I'm a tad disappointed by Intels i9. Also getting these at a bargain.

M

Matt Magill

1800x

J

James Keir

^^ This or Threadripper when its out

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

Build 2 for sure 6 core 12 threads and 15mb of L3 cache would be way better for video editing and such.

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

Now if we knew the price or rough estimate it would help also to see what other options are available.

G

Garrick Schull

Build 2 will be better if your doing professional work. 2 extra cores go along way

J

Jacob Asher

? Not waiting for Ryzen in terms of what, lol? Threadripper/Ryzen 3?

Q

Quent Dockens

1800x is best for editing

Q

Quent Dockens

Your not gonna get better than 1800x its current rival is 6950X its $1700 intel chip

O

Omar H. Ahmed

Ryzen is carrying me hard in Cinema4D rendering as well as Adobe Effects CC, however if you insist on buying Intel, 5390K is the right choice.

J

Jose Yvonne Perez

i have 16gb ddr4 3200 for sale

C

Christian Luis Miguel Lomibao

id get a 6950x for that and probably 128 gigs of ram :/

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

Christian Luis Miguel Lomibao he is getting the one of the two builds for a bargain...

C

Christian Luis Miguel Lomibao

Dude, you're basically getting an overkill desktop. Might as well overkill everything.

R

Robert James Wharton

Unless you're dead set on Intel, I'd suggest the Ryzen 7 1700X along with some nice 3000 or 3200 MHz CL 15 RAM. Would go with an MSI motherboard, like the Gaming Pro Carbon, since they've been very active updating BIOS for memory support.

Otherwise, 5930k if you really want Intel.

M

Mario Prado

My r7 1700 is serving me very well for Sony Vegas but hey it's your call

D

Dustin Gum

Ryzen or x99

H

Heewon Oh

Wait you are using 3 cards? Then you kind of have to go with the x99 chipset because of the pcie lanes. But, to be honest, not many video editting programs can properly utilize 3 quadro cards well.

H

Heewon Oh

Ryzen and skylake wouldn't be realistic options if you really are going to use 3 video cards like that to edit in 1 rig

S

Saptarshi Mozumdar

Why would u pick a 6700k fir editing xd.. anyway.. for your question , ofc the second one.. but , u might wanna get ryzen.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom