Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Okay guys, it’s that time of year where I’m really hoping to get a switch, or get one...

D

Drew Turner

Okay guys, it’s that time of year where I’m really hoping to get a switch, or get one on Boxing Day.

Looking to know the absolute ESSENTIALS needed that aren’t included in box. (Bear in mind I’m going to do my absolute best to get hard copies of all games) but how necessary is a micro sd card? Scratch cover? Extra controllers? When people got their switches, what were things they wished they had for it right from the start?

D

Demetrius Tyus

Glass screen protector and microsd card are the only things actually needed.

D

Demetrius Tyus

If youre planning on taking it with you then get a carrying case that has cartridge storage and youll be set

M

Michael Press

I'd say the only thing you need day 1 is a case.

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Tempered Glass screen protector is the only real must have. Sd card you will need eventually but if you're all physical no for awhile. I will say, some of the best indie games are only digital.

Orzly Glass Screen Protectors compatible with Nintendo Switch - Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector TWIN PACK [2x Screen Guards - 0.24mm] for 6.2 Inch Tablet Screen on Nintendo Switch Console
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

P

Paul Tancock

Got a case and screen protector straight away as heard of some screens getting scratched by heavy handed dockers. The pro controller is excellent but not essential on day one, unless you will spend hours docked playing then yes. Enjoy and happy Xmas! ️

K

Kyle MacDonald

Get an AMFilm glass screen protector, and an RDS case which comes with two storage boxes for 8 game carts.

K

Kyle MacDonald

And a 10"x10" microfiber to wrap the Switch in to avoid any damages.

D

Dane Brooks

Screen protector no matter what.

A case if you're clumsy, have it near kids or plan on taking it out of the house much. I recommend a case with enough depth to hold accessories like an extra set of joy cons.

If you're going to be mobile a lot a portable battery.

Ok: any battery that outputs at over 5volts

Good: battery that out puts at 12v or more on USB c ( c to c)

Best: Battery that outputs 12v or more, supports usb PD (power delivery) out of USB C

I am mostly physical, Ive had my system since launch. Have over 20 games about 6 are digital and I don't need an SD card yet.

R

Rocco Bennett

amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch 2017 (2-Pack)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

S

Sean Renaud

Is boxing day a day you put things in boxes for people or when you punch people?

F

Frances Mayes

A switch case, screen protector and pro controller plus games of course are a must. Depending on how many will be playing on the switch extra set of joy cons if only one or two to play on switch you could skip the extra joy cons

R

Rocco Bennett

I never got a pro controller, but got extra joy cons, i dont mind the grip.

M

Majin FoulSpice

Also, there's a bunch of games on the eShop with demos. Voez, Octopath Traveller, Oceanhorn, Pokken Tournament DX, Lost Sphear, Puyo Puyo Tetris

G

Græ Deal

You won’t need a microSD card unless you plan on getting a LOT of digital games. I’ve been getting by fine without one. Don’t get a scratch cover (I’m assuming you mean for your screen)—get a tempered glass protector. Only get extra controllers if you have friends and plan on getting co-op games, otherwise it’s just unnecessary aesthetics.

L

Luke Lovelock

In order for me. 1. Screen protector. 2. Pro controller. 3. Sd card. 4. Carry case.

S

Spencer Miller

Only accessory/accessories I bought was another set of joy-con, a charging grip, and a pro controller. My switch has no scratches on the screen, and I have mostly physical and still have plenty of memory left.
If you plan on buying physical games that needs an extra download, you’ll definitely need that SD card but I have about 14 games, none of which need an extra download, plus all the zelda dlc and one dlc for Mario + rabbids and still have plenty of memory left. Think I have 4 digital only titles plus two demos as well.

L

Lance Pry

You don't need an Sd card immediately I have hard copy games of Zelda, odyssey, Mario kart, dragonball, monopoly, and more. Digital splatoon with more storage to use. I would suggest a dock sock, screen protector, gel or hard covers, the hybrid case is great for on the go. An extra Nintendo brand charger. A large portable game bag if you travel a lot. Pro controller if you have the money. If you want specifics feel free to dm me for some suggestions.

D

Drew Turner

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom