Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch ***OFFICIAL MOD POST*** Hey everyone, there seems to be a lot of frustration over...

B

Benjamin Sullivan

***OFFICIAL MOD POST***

Hey everyone, there seems to be a lot of frustration over what posts are being approved and denied lately. It's a great time to be a Switch owner and we get that everyone wants to share their hype with fellow Nintendo owners/fans.

However we do have rules and guidelines for posts, which can be found in the info section on the main page of the group. With 37,000 members we want to make sure that people's newfeeds aren't getting clogged up with hundreds of pics of the latest game release that only say things like "I'm ready" or "Let's do this" as the comment.

If you've read the rules and followed them and think your post should have been approved when it wasn't then please reach out to any of us mods or admins with your concern. Commenting "why wasn't my post for the same thing approved" in the comments of another post is not an effective way to get answers.

There are over 37,000 of you and only about a dozen of us unpaid mods and admins. We can't catch every comment on every post - although we try. We try to be fair and consistent with the rules but sometimes someone misses something and a calibration is needed. Send us a message and we promise we'll reply as quickly as we can and address your concerns as best we can.

A

Ashley McDonald

I had a post about people's opinions on the knockoff nfc cards. Wouldn't let me post because it's "stealing from nintendo". I just wanted to talk about them.

I

Isabelle Cooper

I'd love to be a mod next time your are taking on :) x

S

Shaquan Woody

Great leadership mister sullivan

S

Sergio Martinez

I'm ready
Let's do this

J

Josh Billings

Ya I tried to post 2 things and hey haven’t got posted and they followed the guide lines I don’t get it

J

Joao Paulo Tavares Souza

Please i want Netflix for Nintendo Switch

M

Matt Rodriguez-Waldron

I was told post had to be with more than a few words so it was denied sent the same pic with few sentences still got denied finally I had to write a damn paragraph when I see post with only one sentence I think the mods make up their own rules

L

Lawrence Lopez

Hey everyone! Fellow mod here!

I can’t stress enough how much it would help for you guys to reach out to us through Messenger! Me and some other mods are readily available to chat about your concerns.

Of course, this is all unpaid work and we have lives as well so at times we may be occupied with something else, but that doesn’t mean we don’t care. Just know that most of us do care about this community and we don’t make up our own rules.

Thank you for being a part of this diverse community!

R

Rob Osborn

Meaning be our snitches lol

W

Warren Whillock

what gets me is the posts that say about switches in their local stores. Now this is fine because we want to tell people where they can get them. I've tried about 5 times now to show people that they can get switches on the UK Nintendo store and on Amazon (as they seem to always be ins stock now), thinking this is helpful as you don't need to go to a store to get your switch. All of my posts to show people where they can get them have been denied yet i still see people posting pictures from inside a store, which will help a lot less people get them compared to a nation wide website which will deliver all over the UK.

B

Bella Hale

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all the support and help with the group over the past few months.

We have grown a crazy amount these past few months. More then I would ever expect.

Because of that we can't allow every post, it's one of the disadvantages of a large group.
We have seen other groups our size tuned into spam and troll central. We don't want that for this group.

99% of the time I am free. Message me. Please. I'm on messenger a lot. Even if you want me to double check a post or something. I will. I want everyone to have fun. And I understand it's fustrating not getting a post approval. I do understand. and I'm extremely sorry some of our post approval rules are confusing.

Also we don't allow pages to be posted and posts shorter then 3 sentences. I think that will clear up a lot of confusion. Not a lot of members know this.

E

Evan Marks

What would you say is the "mission statement" for this Switch group-a-rooni?

B

Benjamin Sullivan

Also please try and keep your post constructive or word it so it encourages discussion. Posts that could be considered as divisive or just trying to provoke people emotionally are usually debated amongst us mods and risk being denied.

For example: "Troll and I is an awful game. Nothing but more shovelware for the Switch Anyone who bought that game is an idiot." is three sentences but won't be approved by us.

S

Stephen Mahadeo

I've given up trying to post stuff, even after reading the rules, my stuff still gets denied... so i'm now just a watcher

S

Stephen Mahadeo

oh look i just posted up a message on "Everything Nintendo" group, who also has more that 37K members and it went through... go figure
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A

Anthony Ank Mudshark Owdienko

Nintendo gamer lounge don’t have this problem

J

Jessica Amber Tuls

Thank you for cutting down on repetitive posts!

S

Stephen Mahadeo

Thank you for cutting down on repetitive posts!

E

Evan Marks

As a person who has been a member of other Nintendo groups, I appreciate the structure here. I've had some of the best discussions here, that I have ever had. I've also made friends!!

I suppose it helps to have a guideline and purpose for posts. I've had a few opportunities where I've had a post get denied, but I usually just shrug it off.

I will say, that it can be tough to see the shares from We Play Switch. It feels like this group partially exists to promote that group. That may not actually be the case, but I understand some frustration when people feel like they have broken a great scoop, only to have that post share the story a few hours later. Again obviously that's only perception, and may not actually be the case

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom