Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Not only will you be able to get a selected amount of NES/SNES games every month that...

• Thread starter Justin Anderson
  • Start date
J

Justin Anderson

Not only will you be able to get a selected amount of NES/SNES games every month that will have ONLINE play but, they are clarifying now that you can play them at any time.

You will not be restricted to playing only during that month. Its like Playstation Plus where as long as you are subscribed you can play the selected games.

Which means I would recommended jumping from the start so you can take advantage to all the games that come out.

A

Abigail Skelcher

Lewis Milton

M

Michael Eric Setzer

So does this mean they're doing it like Sony does it-any free game of the month you download during the time it's available is yours to keep and play at any time with the proviso that you lose the game if you let your subscription lapse?

L

Liam Pimblett

How do we know for sure we can play the game after the month has ended

P

Pheng Michael Lee

Now, do each of the users have to have a subscription? Or does one subscription cover the users on one console? That's the only question I've had from the beginning..

D

Danny Scott

Sounds like great news!

C

Chris Tompkins

Me so happy

B

Brannon Whitehead

When will this be available?

P

Patrick Hollins

This pleases me. Now where's the virtual console at? I needs me my mariokart dd! And a good amount of 64games!

P

Pete Dorsett

Is this why they shut down production on the mini nes

J

Jimmy Barton

Offt that's good. Good value for money. Nintendo needed to do this though after how old their online service was shaping up

C

Chouaib Mazouzi

This is going to be lit

T

Tony Billingsley

From my understanding on what they said, currently it's only NES games. It said at the end they were still considering SNES. They didn't give a number but I'll use 5 as an example. They'll start out the beginning with 5. At some point, they may add 5 more but take two away. Then we would have 8 to play at any time. Then at some point they may add 5 more and take 3 away so we only have 10. Games will come and go but you will always have multiple games to play. They will add to the game though depending on the game. Maybe VS multiplayer, maybe online coop.

The biggest questing that isn't truly answered is... is it streaming or is it downloading. To me, it sounds like it will probably be streaming because you have to have a current subscription to play. And you can only play if you're verified which would mean an internet connect is mandatory. You would have to be near a wifi or hotspot to utilize this feature. With how small the games are, streaming would be no problem at all. Or maybe your system will save your paid subscription data and know if you are current and when games are due to be removed. Also curious if all these NES games will still be in the VC or they'll get rid of some of their oldest carts and add GC. Or if the added material with the service will be added to VC games available. Doubt it will completely be removed since it could still make them money on 30 year old games.

D

Deirdre Needham

Prices for Aussies and kiwis

C

Carlos Silva

This isn't a new concept so there probably won't be much coverage on how it's done specifically but since PSN free games and Xbox games with gold already exists and work the same count on Nintendo following suit. You download games each month and play as long as you're a subscriber but if you cancel the games are unplayable.

J

Jason James Grubb

For the price I'm a big fan of this

F

Frankie Fonseca

20/yearly is a steaallll! excited!

I

Imani Mitchell

Can't wait for this. Loving the price.

S

Shameed Karim

Yes, they said "Ongoing Subscribers" which means as long as you have the subscription. It is like PSPLUS except it's all the games they have available for the length of your subscription, not just 2 or 3 different ones each month.

S

Shane E. Arnold

Hopefully it goes well for Nintendo

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom