Contact advertising [email protected]

New Dragon Ball FighterZ Trailer Shows Off New Characters, Dramatic Scenes, And More

News

Staff member
Bandai Namco has shared a new trailer for
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. Unlike the string of brief character trailers the publisher has recently released, the latest video provides a longer look at the
, as well as the game's Shenron System and Dramatic Scenes.

As revealed in the most recent issue of V-Jump magazine, Dragon Ball FighterZ includes a feature called Dramatic Scenes, which recreate iconic moments from the series in-game. Bandai Namco says these cutscenes are triggered "when certain team character combinations are chosen or specific finishing moves are performed." In the new trailer, you can see the game recreate the moment Goku first becomes a Super Saiyan and when Gohan defeats Cell.

Bandai Namco also provided more details about another recently revealed feature called the Shenron System. By stringing together a certain number of combos during a match, players will collect Dragon Balls on-screen. After assembling all seven, the Eternal Dragon Shenron will be summoned and grants the player who collected the Dragon Balls one of the following four wishes:

• Restore my health: Restore the character you're controlling to full health
  • Bring back my ally: Revive a downed ally with 50% health
  • Give me the ultimate power: Boost your Ki gauge to its max
  • Make me immortal: Health will be 50% restored, and your energy gauge will auto-restore

The new trailer ends with a look at Beerus, Hit, and Goku Black, the three most recently announced characters in Dragon Ball FighterZ. You can see them in action above; we also
at a recent event and captured more gameplay footage of all three characters.

Dragon Ball FighterZ releases for
, and
on January 26. Before then, Bandai Namco will hold
. Those who pre-order the physical Collector's Edition or digitally on the PlayStation and Xbox Stores will be able to jump into the beta one day early, on January 13. Pre-ordering any version also unlocks a pair of characters in the game early:

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom