Contact advertising [email protected]

Need help I got a macbook pro 2009 I bought a new hdd for it because the old one just...

G

Gigi Hendriksen

Need help
I got a macbook pro 2009
I bought a new hdd for it because the old one just didn't work anymore when i boot it up it says there is no drive

but when i take out my ssd from my pc ( windows 10 )
and put it in my macbook pro it just starts up windows 10
can anyone help/???

Edit : does anyone know how i make my hard drive visible on my macbook pro so i can install os

N

Nick Mountains

cuz win 10 is on the hhd..

G

Gigi Hendriksen

And on my new hdd there is nothing installed on it

S

Simon Hazel

Look up a mac os install guide

G

Gigi Hendriksen

D

Dylan Britton

Ok the hard drive from what you said is new. That means its going to boot, and go no where without an OS. Its booting windows because you have windows installed on the other device, and during boot it doesnt see an OS on the hard drive so it boots windows instead.

G

Gigi Hendriksen

So I’m using my ssd from my main pc

M

Marc Wolfe

Probably not properly formatted. I've some drives just don't work because apple basically says no

Z

Zach Alarid

You need to initialize the disk in terminal or in another computer.

Z

Zach Alarid

Try fdisk in terminal. That's the first command in linux for this.
A lot of those are similar.
I'd recommend googling "how to format disk on Mac terminal" though.

M

Michal Niekrasz

you have to have, bootable USB with their OS

S

Shawn Horan

You need to completely format it and install your apple os onto it. You will need a new apple os serial key to activate it. Idk how you would get that online but your local apple store might be able to help. You most likely voided your warranty by cracking open your macbook so they may refuse to help you but it is worth a try going to them. Don't let them make you buy anything you don't absolutley need though, they are salesmen after all.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom